Wednesday, September 18, 2013

If You're A Bird, I'm A Bird

It isn't very often that one finds their soul mate online. 

I did.

I married him.

Today is my 5 year anniversary. 5 years ago, I snuck off with the man I love and we eloped, telling only a handful of people. Our plan was to keep our marriage quiet until April, when we would have an actual ceremony, but thanks to my big mouthed sisters and our own lack of smarts, everyone found out not even a week into the marriage.

Photo credit

People doubted us. They didn't think we'd work out, because we had only known each other 3 weeks before we got married. There were times when I doubted us, because there were times where it just got so very, very hard. But we made it.

We dealt with a miscarriage, the hard pregnancy and birth of a child, job loss, moving several times. We've struggled. We've fought. We've won battles big and small, like the step-parent adoption that we just won on Monday.

Photo credit
Matthew is my rock. He's my best friend, he's my confidant, he's the one person that can see in me what I can't. He's given me so much. He loved Boy and Girl child when he didn't have to. He created a baby with me, knowing the risks of miscarriage or twins again. He stuck by during the adoption process, even when I wanted to throw in the towel.

Photo Credit
Matthew is my Noah Calhoun (Sorry, babe....you know how much I love "The Notebook"...and not just for Ryan Gosling) and I'm his Allie. Our story is one worth telling again and again.

Here's to 5 years. Here's to so many more. I love you. For now, for tomorrow, for always. Perfect for and because of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?