Friday, September 13, 2013

We The People (Secret Subject Swap Prompt 2)

It is time that this country get back to one solid principle that I think we've lost.

We the people.

PEOPLE.

Not we the Christians. Not we the Republican's. Not we the Democrats.

We the PEOPLE.

That means ALL of us. You. Me. Him. Her.

Them.

Us.

As President of these United States, I stand before you today with the promise that this country WILL be run to reflect the people in it, regardless of your race, your gender, your religion, your sexual orientation. I fully believe that the first step that we must take in this is allowing EVERYONE to have the same rights. It's time that we end this silly discrimination and allow two consenting adults to marry. Gender will no longer matter.

It is time that we stop discriminating against our homosexual brothers and sisters and we stand UNITED, hand in hand, in allowing those who are in same sex relationships to take that much desired next step and turn that relationship into a marriage.

I am not saying that the churches must preform these ceremonies. That would be a violation of Church and State, which is something that I fully support. However, there are other ways that those who so desire it can join together in a state of marriage.

Taking that one step further, I also hereby decree that same sex couples may adopt in every single state. Our system is failing our children. So many are slipping through the cracks because of states that won't allow same sex couples to adopt. From this day forth, no couple may be denied the right to adopt simply because they are a same sex couple. It simply will not happen.

It's time for us to join together and be the great nation that I KNOW we are. It's time we stop the hate, the fighting amongst ourselves. It's time that we truly honor each other. And while this next decree may be a constitutional violation,  it is one that I feel we ALL can agree on. Westboro Baptist Church will no longer be permitted to picket funerals. If they are found picketing, they will be jailed and fined.It is time that we stop allowing them to cause more grief for mourning families.

Now, I know there are many who will not agree with these decisions I've made and for that, I apologize. However, I feel that it's time to move forward in equality and I feel this is a monumental step in further uniting us as a people of this country.

It is with thanks that I end this. Thank you for taking the chance on an unknown woman with zero political background. Thank you for electing me to represent you and this fine country. I hope to do you proud.



Welcome to take two of the Secret Subject Swap. Karen from Baking In A Tornado so kindly allowed me to participate twice this month and, I have to say, I kinda love it!

I got this prompt from The Blacksheep Mom and it was "Congratulations! You've just been elected President of the United States!  What is your first order of business?". Thank you for the prompt!

Please check out Karen, The Blacksheep Mom and all the other brave bloggers who participated in take two.

Baking In A Tornado                            
The Insomniac's Dream                     
Anni's Bubble                         
My Personal Accent                     
Outsmarted Mommy                   
Black Sheep Mom        
Home on Deranged                        
Evil Joy Speaks                       
Dates 2 Diapers                                 
Rocks, No Salt Mommy                      

8 comments:

  1. I would vote for you without a doubt!

    Equality, quite a concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record I voted for you and after reading this I'm sure glad I did!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish the Westboro Baptist "Church" would change their name to the Westboro Hate-Mongers, which is much more fitting, and stop giving good churches a bad name. They deserve jail time for picketing funerals; seriously, how insensitive can someone be??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I rejoice whenever anyone leaves there. Those people just....no.....

      Delete
  4. Can you please run for office so I can vote for you!?!?!?! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year, around election time, my friends start with the "Sarah for President" stuff. It's such an easy concept, all of what I put up there....you'd think it wouldn't even be an issue anymore!

      Delete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?