Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I Came In Like A Wrecking Ballllllllll

Okay, no, I didn't. Not really.

But this one guy did. And the ball hit the side of poor Miss K.

Poor Miss K has a boo boo

Friday, I should have been home laughing at the hilarity of being a Fly on the Wall. Instead, I was talking to police, then sitting in an ER with a terrified 4 year old.

I'd just dropped the hubs off at work and hit up Dollar Tree. I was on my way home and got nosy. The road I usually take home had been closed and, due to the weather, they reopened it, so I went to see what they were doing that required it be closed. I was driving a long when I saw this truck about to back out of his driveway. He started backing out when I was too close to safely brake. I slowed down a little bit and honked my horn, thinking he'd hear it and stop.

Nope!

He came backing out of his driveway just was I passed him! I swerved to try to miss him when the driver side rear of his truck slammed into the passenger side of my van. My van that I'd only had since February. I pulled off to the side and got out, immediately thinking "OMG OMG OMG Lil Bit!" Luckily, she was on the driver side and she was fine. Scared, but fine. Then I went to look at the passenger side of my van and thought "HOLY SHIT!" It was smashed in!

The driver of the truck never left his truck. His wife came out and was crying and apologizing (after she saw Lil Bit....prior to that, it looked like she was ready to throw down). The cops came and Lil Bit freaked out and asked if we were getting arrested. I called the hubs and he came. I started apologizing and he was like "As long as you and Lil Bit are okay, I'm fine. The van is replaceable, you guys aren't". The cops took our statement and insurance info and then said we could leave. Lil Bit and I came home and I called my step mom to take us to the ER. They took xrays of Lil Bit's arm and of my back, shoulder and neck, then took a CT Scan of my neck and spine. They decided that I had a cervical back strain. Lil Bit, however, was fine, thank goodness.

The investigation has been opened by his insurance company. He told MY insurance company that I hit him. Evidently, I have the ability to drive sideways and didn't realize it *rolls eyes*. Luckily for him, I'm not one of those people that want to milk a situation. I want my van fixed, my medical bills paid for and maybe a little something for my inconvenience and pain, but that's it. I'm not going to pursue anything with a lawyer unless I absolutely have to. I really hope it doesn't come to that....



Poor, poor Miss K!

10 comments:

  1. I am SO grateful that the two of you were alright.
    Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon and this will be resolved quickly.
    Poor Lil Bit thinking she was going to jail. Funny if it wernt so darn scary and stressful.
    Nothing worse than someone being an arse when accidents happen. I can't believe he couldn't be bothered to leave his truck. Beyond rude!
    The nerve of some people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, me too.
      It's funny to think about it now. She was terrified. But they gave her two teddy bears and that made it better.
      Yea, and I wasn't about to leave my kid to go talk to him.....it was ridiculous.

      Delete
  2. Thank God you're both OK. Hubby is 100% correct - the van is replaceable.... YOU are not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, he is right....he's been amazing through this.

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry this happened to you but I'm so glad you and Lil Bit are OK, that's really all that matters.

    I SO hope this doesn't turn out to be a nightmare. Hopefully the police report will help straighten it all out.

    Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope it doesn't either. You'll get to hear me nag if it does though. lol

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you and Lil Bit are ok. I know how having an accident with an idiot goes. When I was 1 day short of turning 17, a lady and I hit the front of each other's car...my passenger front end and her driver's front end. She got out of her car all mad as heck and yelled why didn't I stop at the stop sign? I asked her which one? SHE had the stop sign and I didn't! I ended up comforting her kid. I was 1 block away from my grandma's house, where I was staying for the week. I can remember my little grandma walking up the block to see if I was ok. My brother had to call my folks in Florida (we live in TN). My dad asked how the car was. I told my mom I broke my arm. All of a sudden, he wanted to know how I was. I said I was fine, no broken arm BUT to ask about ME first next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first time......I hope it's my last. People suck!!! Sorry your Dad asked about the car first. Glad you didn't break your arm.

      Delete
  5. Ugh I'm having flashbacks of my car accident from last November while pregnant with my little guy. They guy who hit me was driving someone else's truck and is severely underinsured. Needless to say I'm still dealing with it. Hope yours is resolved quickly. Also, the title of your post mad me giggle (until I read it and then felt bad for giggling)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Don't feel bad for giggling.....that just means it worked! lol

      Delete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?