Friday, November 1, 2013

Spooky Reflections

Last year, I wrote about how Halloween sucked REALLY bad. Basically, they got, like ZERO candy. Okay, that's an exaggeration, because they did get candy, but maybe a handful each. They were super bummed.

This year, we were going to skip trick or treating all together and just stay home, make cupcakes, watch movies and eat pizza. They were on board for this. We figured we'd hit up the Boo on Main thing they were doing and I'd head to Dollar Tree first thing in the morning (today) and get some of their Halloween candy (it's always marked down to $.50). 

We did Boo on Main and they got a pretty good haul of candy. They, of course, wanted more, so they asked if we could try trick or treating. I said sure.....I couldn't say no to their little faces. Plus, my husband's employer was letting him off work early so he could go with me. 

They got home from school, we did a quick pick up of the house, then I started getting them ready. All of the costumes were, once again, homemade. This year, we had a Zombie, Draculaura from Monster High, and a Popstar Princess (she started out just a Princess, but the tiara kept falling off). They looked awesome, if I do say so myself.




We loaded up, visited my Dad, then went to get the hubs from work. We agreed that I would drive and he would walk with them. We didn't really have a game plan, we just kinda winged it. We stuck to about a 2 mile radius. There weren't a ton of houses giving out candy, but those that were were giving out a lot. These kids made out like bandits!!! They got a TON of candy!!!

Boy Child and Lil Bit's bowls
Girl Child's bowl and candy from Boo on Main and school











We DEFINITELY know where we are going next year! I am so happy they had fun this year and they got so much candy it's unreal! I think I might also make it a tradition to make chili on Halloween for dinner. I'd had it cooking in the slow cooker all day and it was just the way to end the evening, even if it was too spicy (so said the men in the house.....lol).

Now, we are in November and it's a little hard to believe. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas. 

How was your Halloween?

 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your kids had fun. Sometimes it just takes a little trial and error to find the right place to go. Our neighborhoods around here are all packed with kids and everyone gives out candy so there's no place NOT to go.

    Your kids' costumes are adorable. So glad you posted pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't dread next year as much now., that's for sure!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. So glad you all had fun! and good on the crock-pot chili; keep it spicy, men be damned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LoL! Both of them whined.....Girl Child shoveled it in her mouth quickly. lol

      Delete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?