Saturday, January 25, 2014

Easy Peasy Pulled Pork Sammiches

Not long ago, my husband took me to Sonny's for lunch. I'd never been there before and I wasn't impressed. Not long after that, he bought some Lloyd's Pulled Pork to make for dinner. I wasn't impressed by that either.

We are trying to get newer foods in our menu, because we are getting burnt out on the ones we have. So I took to Pinterest and found a recipe for pork tenderloin. Then I chickened out on making it. I also realized I'd gotten a Sirloin roast rather than a tenderloin. I'm not sure if that matters or not. So, I did what any other sane person would do....I asked Karen from over at Baking In A Tornado what she thought. She gave me her thoughts and....I chickened out again. Actually, my husband decided he wanted breakfast for dinner instead. 

So here I had this pork sirloin roast and no clue what to do with it. It's Friday, I need to cook the damn thing. On Friday's, my husband works late, so I wanted to do something quick and easy for dinner. So I thought, why not toss that thing in my crock pot and dump a bottle of barbeque sauce on it? Only, I didn't have a full bottle, but a mostly full bottle. So I went with it. I used one of those medium sized bottles of sauce. Around 6ish, I went to the crock pot and shredded the meat. It soaked up the sauce really nice and by the time my husband got home from work, it smelled absolutely amazing in here. 

I bought some hamburger buns and we had pulled pork sandwiches. They were DELISH!!!! I figured I'd share the recipe with you all and call it Easy Peasy Pulled Pork Sammiches.


I had a 2lb sirloin roast. I put it in the slow cooker at 9 or 10 in the morning with a bottle of honey barbeque sauce (you can use whatever kind you like, though). I put a little on the bottom, then put the roast in, then put the rest on it. I set it on low and let it do it's thing. A few times during the day, I flipped it over, but that's just me. At 6ish, I shredded the meat right there in the pot, then several times between when I did that and served it, I mixed it around a bit. I could have eaten it at 6, but didn't. Don't think you have to wait until 8 to serve it.

I used cheap buns, but I think next time, I might find a better quality bun to serve it on, maybe from the bakery. We also had ours with chips, but next time, I might serve with some potato salad or something. I'm also considering getting another roast and making it for Superbowl!

Trust me, it's easy to make. I'm not what I'd call a good cook. But this was YUMMY! Give it a try and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you figured out what you wanted to do with that roast and that you all loved it. It's always fun to find something new that works for your family, and this one was so easy you're bound to make it again. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your help. I'm just learning to get adventurous with my food and it's starting to pay off. It is easy and I will be working it into the menu again!

      Delete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?