Friday, January 24, 2014

Fly On My Wall.....Literally

Welcome to the the first Fly on the Wall post of the year! If you are new here, basically what this is is snippets from my life that wouldn't ordinarily make it as a full blog. 






~ So far this month, my kids have gone to school for a total for 4 days. 4!!! Last week, they called off school and nothing happened until around 1ish. At this rate, my kids will never get an education...or a summer!

~ Somehow, my Facebook page associated with this blog just absolutely BLEW UP. I gained almost 1200 new likes since January 12! I'm so thankful for that, like, you have no idea.


~Miss K got fixed and is home where she belongs! She looks AWESOME.



~Lil Bit wrote her name all by herself. I was so proud!


~ Garanimals TOTALLY shared one of my pictures.....how freaking awesome was THAT?!



~ I realized just how much my kiddos have grown in the past 5 years and it made me sad :(


~ Spammers must not realize that my email is for a woman...that or they think I have a small penis, which is offensive in it's own right.




 ~ Lil Bit has officially lost her mind. She came out of her room, claiming to be a ghost. This is the result. (Don't mind my messy kitchen...I hadn't cleaned up from dinner!)


As if that wasn't funny enough, here's the accompanying video.

~ Girl Child got a rubber band kit for Christmas and taught me how to make one. It's kinda relaxing, to be honest. Here's her creations.



~ The hubs really understand me. I was EXHAUSTED the other day and, as a result, super cranky. He went to the store and bought me Death by Chocolate ice cream and fudge covered Oreos.

~ Last night, the hubs surprised me with something I've been wanting for about a year or so.
A new washer and dryer! My old washer leaked when it drained and my dryer's timer was screwed up. Now, I don't have to worry about setting the kitchen timer for the dryer and my towels won't stay dirty because they are being used to sop up the water!


I think that's it for now. You'd think, with kids being home, that I'd have more. But I think I've mentally blocked most of this month, instead, retreating to my happy place, which is on a tropical island with no one around but a bartender and a server. Buzz off and see what's going on at other people's houses.


http://www.BakingInATornado.com                          Baking In A Tornado
http://www.therowdybaker.com                                  The Rowdy Baker
http://www.justalittlenutty.com/                          Just A Little Nutty
http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/                           Spatulas on Parade
http://thesadderbutwisergirl.com                                   The Sadder But Wiser Girl
http://followmehome.shellybean.com                          Follow me home . . .
http://stacysewsandschools.wordpress.com/                  Stacy Sews and Schools
http://singlemumplusone.blogspot.com                           Searching for Sanity
http://thelazymomcooks.blogspot.com/                       The Lazy Mom’s Cooking Blog
http://www.menopausalmom.com/                             Menopausal Mother
http://victoryrosevintage.wordpress.com                       Victory Rose
http://www.pinkheartstring.com                                  Pink Heart String
http://www.spinstersnacks.com/                                 Spinster Snacks

24 comments:

  1. Can your hubs bring me a new dryer??? Mine sounds like someone is beating a donkey. This appliance is ready to die any day now. Hey, HUGE congrats on all the new FB fans! You totally deserve it---your statuses are always clever and you are one of the SWEETEST bloggers out there, my friend! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of the perks of having a husband that works for a place like Rent-A-Center...lol We got it on his employee purchase! Awww! Thanks! I do try to be sweet!

      Delete
  2. Death by Chocolate ice-cream and you didn't call me? Oh Twinnie! Congrats on Mrs. K's new face-lift and on getting a new washer and dryer. Man, the things that make us happy. Cheers to warmer weather and getting those kiddos back to school. Happy Friday <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't want to brag about it on Facebook 'cause I'm 'spose to be dieting...shhhhhhhhh. I know, I did a happy dance when I got my washer and dryer. I washed 3 loads of laundry! lol They got to go back today!

      Delete
  3. Ps. We really are twinners! Take a look at any of my pics. Someone is always wearing Michigan clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! We scored a Michigan picture frame for super cheap and I needed a pic of the kids in their Michigan gear.

      Delete
  4. Love that video! "I'm a ghost....wooooooo..... OW."
    Lady, if you rent that island, I'll go halves with you. As long as the bartender and server are cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That kid is absolutely out of her ever loving mind.......lol
      Oh, they will be cute....but my idea of cute and yours might be different. One will look like Alexander Skarsgard and the other like Ryan Gosling! lol

      Delete
  5. YAY for all those new likes and Miss K!!!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!

    Hope the kiddos get to school soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They finally got to go back today!
      I'm SOOOO happy to have Miss K back. I missed having the kids spaced from each other! haha

      Delete
  6. I'm so excited to hear of all your new followers. So well deserved.

    I do have a hard time being excited about a new washer and dryer but I'll try . . . for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yea, I did a happy dance and everything........

      Delete
  7. This was quite the month for you!
    Miss K is gorgeous once again and a haunted kitchen! ;)
    Enjoy the new washer/dryer!! Nothing like a great appliance that works right the first time. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how next month will top it...haha

      Delete
  8. I love the ghost. My little one and I play ghosts with her old cot sheets all the time. It helps to pass the time in the heat we're having at the moment. I'm jealous of your washer and dryer, My washer's lid is broken so I need to jam a paintbrush in the hinge just so it will spin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heat?! What's that? It's snowing here AGAIN! My old washer would spin regardless of if this lid was up or down. This brought tons of entertainment to The Hubs and I, as we would throw stuff in it while it was spinning to see what would happen. And we wonder why we had a leak...lol. The new one...the lid locks!

      Delete
  9. congrats on all the new followers!
    cool rubberband bracelets! I too am jealous of the new washer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Yea, it's surprisingly relaxing to make them.....

      Delete
  10. We've replaced both our washer and our dryer in the last couple of years and it was worth every penny! I love your little ghost-my daughter likes to play ghost too, that is until she bumps into something and falls down then not so much! Cute kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She got wise to the bumping into things and keeps it away from her face so she can see her feet and the ground. Plus, she comes out a lot with a blanket over her head to try to get out of bed time.....

      Delete
  11. Congrats on all the new followers--and on the Garanimals re-post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought about asking if they'd send me some clothes for the kids to review, but didn't wanna push it! haha

      Delete
  12. If you only knew how many issues I had to fix with the washer doing the EXACT same thing while working at that motel, I swear! You wouldn't have felt so bad. I had it leaking into tenants rooms and the one room it leaked most into was the room with a newborn baby, and it was stinking like mold! I felt so bad and the owner wouldn't buy a new washer and he wouldn't move them to another room, just kept givign them bedsheets and towels to soak it up. How awful! I think everyone has had a pretty crappy month, regardless of where they are. Here in NYC, we have had about 3-4 separate snow storms. Our transmission went out, again, during a snow storm. I have a wisdom tooth coming in on the top AND bottom of the same side of my mouth and it is PAINFUL. But without a car, and due to all the snow, I haven't been able to get to the dentist. There is literally a list of bad things that have happened this month, but thanks to my herbal supplement I have been taking, 5-HTP, I feel soooooo less stressed about everything! It really is a miracle herb. Sleeping better, not cranky. Wow.. I can't believe Cailin wrote her own name already! Stevie just learned how to make the letter "A" by herself. She will be 4 in about a month and a half. Can't believe it. Time sure does fly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from you! Yea, time does fly...sorry things are going bad this month, but it will get better. Give Stevie my love and take care. Hope you get to the dentist soon! ♥

      Delete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?