Wednesday, March 5, 2014

My Poor Neglected Blog!

I have neglected my poor, poor blog! I'm so sorry! It's just been a crazy couple of weeks. It's starting to calm down now, so hopefully, I'll be back in the swing of things soon.

I went for my follow up appointment with Dr. Z yesterday. It has been exactly one month since I started taking the Zoloft. The change has been amazing.

I don't feel like my life is spiraling out of control anymore. I feel like, for the first time, I can breathe. I don't have the anxiety I felt before, nor do I feel myself getting as angry as I was. I don't snap at the kids over little things anymore. 

I feel amazing! 

The urge to cut has gone away completely, which is awesome. I can look at my scar and not feel angry at myself anymore. I find myself feeling relieved that I had the courage to get the help I needed.

My next step in my journey to a healthier me is getting back in the gym, getting healthy foods in my house and getting weight off me. Now that my thyroid and hormones are straightening out, I feel like I can really have success in my weight loss journey.

In other news, we went away on a little family getaway. It was just overnight, but still, we had fun. We went to a hotel that had an indoor pool and took the kids swimming. The next day, we went to the mall, then we went to a children's museum. The kids had a blast! It made me wish I lived in the city. But at the same time, the city traffic made me thankful I live in a small town.

Be sure to come back on Friday to read my take on the prompt I was given for the Secret Subject Swap.

2 comments:

  1. You sound great and I couldn't be happier for you. You took responsibility for your life and your health and your happiness. Go, you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping to report some weight loss in a month!

      Delete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?