Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Suburbia in The Country

I was recently given the chance to read and review a hilariously funny book full of haikus. 

I know. Funny. Haiku. Same sentence?

But it's true. 

As with any woman (I assume anyway), I have had this urge to live in the burbs. You know how the story goes.....a nice house on a nice lot with a white fence and 2.5 kids, all that.

Well, let me tell you right now, after reading Peyton Price's "Suburban Haiku", I am extremely happy that I DON'T live in the burbs. Because, while it made for some serious laughing, it also made me cringe. 




 
This book gives you a glimpse of what life is like in Suburgatory. Peyton gets through it with laughter and probably several bottles boxes of wine. Her genius shows as she scales down all that life throws at her to 7 perfectly hilarious syllables. That takes serious skill and talent.

Whether you are laughing, crying, or snorting a long with her poetic humor, Suburban Haiku is sure to offer you something that will make you say "Holy hell, that is so true!"

Suburban Haiku is just about everywhere, but here are some links to help you find your way.

You can also find Peyton Price contributing over at NickMom!

Check it out. I promise you, you WON'T be disappointed!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you really enjoyed the book. How interesting (and challenging) that she did it in Haiku form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. The book is pretty awesome. I don't think I could break things down like she did.

      Delete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?