Friday, May 23, 2014

Just Buzzing Around....

Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 12 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.
Inline image 1 
Inline image 1 

Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:
http://www.BakingInATornado.com                          Baking In A Tornado
http://www.therowdybaker.com                                  The Rowdy Baker
http://www.justalittlenutty.com/                                Just A Little Nutty
http://themomisodes.com                                          The Momisodes
http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/                          Spatulas on Parade
http://thesadderbutwisergirl.com                                   The Sadder But Wiser Girl
http://stacysewsandschools.blogspot.com/                     Stacy Sews and Schools
http://batteredhope.blogspot.com                                   Battered Hope
 http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com                      Someone Else’s Genius
 http://www.menopausalmom.com/                                 Menopausal Mother
http://dinoheromommy.com/                                 Dinosaur Superhero Mommy
http://sorrykidblog.com/                              Sorry kid, your Mom Doesn’t Play Well With Others


This is in no particular order........

*Today, I joined the ranks of tons of other parents out there, including our very own Karen from Baking In A Tornado. That is the ranks of having a graduate. It seems like just yesterday, she was a baby. Then I blinked and I'm taking pictures and crying at her graduation. Her graduation gift was the DVD version of "Frozen" and we had a celebratory lunch at McDonalds......the one with the play place. 

Cutest grad EVER!




*We also took her, a couple of weeks ago, to get her first hair cut. EVER. Okay, so they only took 3 inches off, but it looks so much better!

First hair cut....she was scared it would hurt.

*We had to go to Michigan for a funeral. Sadly, my husband's nephew was killed in a motorcycle accident. This was my first time ever going to Michigan. While I was it was under better circumstances, I did have fun.

*While we were in Michigan, we were staying with my mother-in-law. She has these squirrels around her house trained to eat cookies. We were sitting on the couch when I look out the window and see this squirrel sitting on the back of the porch furniture, waiting for his cookie.

Cookie eating squirrel

*Also, while we were in Michigan, we went to my husband's old stomping grounds of Port Huron. We went to Lake Huron while we were there. It was so pretty, but man, it was COLD!!!!

Freezing kids.....

*Sports season has come to an end. I didn't think I'd enjoy being an official soccer mom, but I honestly miss it really bad....and it has only been over since Tuesday!!!

*I got some new earrings. I've always wanting to gauge my ears a little bit, but I've been so scared to do it. Someone must have realized that and they made some fact plugs. Natch, I got this awesome pair!!

Yup, they are awesome!



*So, I have a secret.....I'm married to Spiderman. I know, I know.....you're jelly...haha

With great power comes great responsibility....

*The town we live in has a monthly car show. This month was the first month of it and it was all about Corvettes. Lil Bit had to have her picture taken in front of a car.

There she goes again on her own.......(did I just date myself here?)

*We scored the game of Life from Goodwill and decided to spend a Saturday playing. It was great fun and something we need to do more of.

Look at the blue car. The Hubs decided he was in a gay marriage.



*Boy Child wanted a haircut. So I did it for him. He likes it. It was free. Win/win!
Rocker boy!

*Lil Bit got new glasses! She was so mad that she got them and she's suppose to wear them all the time, but...well.....she doesn't right now. lol But I think she looks precious!

Pretty girl!



*Being a softball player can be a messy job. Just ask Girl Child!

Nothing like some diamond dirt!



*We love the library. Our local library has these cool little statues outside the entrance. The girls wanted to take a pictures with the kids reading.  

My pretty girls



*And finally, WE ARE MOVING!!! Yup! While we were in Michigan, I fell in love with Port Huron. After much talking, research, and planning, we decided that we should move up there. We are leaving next week, as a matter of fact. Because of that, I am taking June off from all challenges, so make sure to check back in July to find out what the fly saw during my first month as a Michigan resident.





Okay, check out my friends please!! Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. We scored Life last week at a local second hand shop too!! Luc loves that game. :)
    Congratulations on the big move!
    I can't wait to hear how the big adventure goes!!
    I am fairly positive that I need cookie eating squirrels on my porch! So neat!!
    Love seeing all the pictures of your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that your hubs was cool about you posting his picture and of course I LOVE hearing about the squirrel! That's awesome. Happy for you that you get to move but SAD that I wont get to see you in 2016 on my way to ERMA again. You're just gonna have to go to the convention with me that year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that you're moving to a place you love. YAY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glasses and haircuts and graduations and moving. So many milestones.
    I'll miss you next month. Can't wait to hear all about your move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell Lil Bit that a lot of girls are wearing glasses now that don't even need them, just because they're so cool! I think LB looks adorable.
    Good luck with the move - not my favorite thing to do, but new adventures are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the move! Both my parents are born and bred Michigonians... I think that's the term. We would visit often when my grandparents (may the rest in peace) still lived there.

    I have a graduation coming, too. :( Bigfoot is finally leaving the comforts of elementary school and joining the harried world of junior high. There will be more on that later, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the move! I hope it goes really smoothly and you have good neighbors. We love the library too, when I tell them no to checking out a book they take it like I just ripped candy from their mouth...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the move!!! So exciting!!! Your children are beyond adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man there was a lot going on for you this month. Have fun moving. Hope it all goes smoothly and we'll see you in July!
    Dawn
    Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?