Friday, June 20, 2014

Fly on Someone Else's Wall

'Scuse me, Mr. Fly......this isn't my house. I'm fairly certain that my sister-in-law wouldn't want a fly in her house, so either make yourself scarce or risk her wrath.

Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 15 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.

Inline image 1 

This month, you will come on a journey with me, Mr. Fly. You see, we've moved. Yup, it's true. We packed up and moved to Bever...er...um...well, we moved to Michigan. Oh, this is an awesome place. It's not very hot, which...um..YAY!!! And it is absolutely beautiful. You will get to experience the fun that came with the move. So, sit back and let's begin!

The Travel

*There isn't much to be seen between were we lived and the Ohio border. However, once we got close to Ohio, the Cincinnati skyline could be seen and it was pretty. I wanted a picture, but I was driving. So, I commissioned The Hub. He had one job. Seriously.

He failed...
So not the 'Nati skyline....




* We were traveling with Boy Child, Girl Child, and Lil Bit. Luckily, we have little DVD players in the van, which make traveling with 3 kids under the age of 10 tolerable. They were really good, thankfully.

Tired kiddos.....



*We did have some fun, The Hubs and I, just talking and cutting up. It was fun times, that's for sure. It helped to make the trip go faster....

Phelfie
My impersonation of a bug hitting my camera lens
(*side note: if you don't get the phelfie reference, make sure you read this post all the way through...I'll explain at the end)

*We actually made pretty good time....we got on the road at around 8:30 am or so and we crossed the Michigan state line around 3:30. That's with 3 stops and a lot of traffic. 
Pure Michigan....no added flavors or anything.....



*We got stuck in traffic right around Detroit Metro, due to a car fire. The planes that were landing were SOOOOOOOO close. 
"Southwest flight 0409, you are clear for landing..."

Exploring:

*We got out and explored a little bit the day after we arrived. We went to see the Blue Water Bridge, the bridge that connects America to Canada in Port Huron, Michigan. It was pretty cool.
Blue Water Bridge. Photo Rights: Me

*Port Huron is seriously really close to Canada. Like....real close....the pictures will show that.
Picture of Canada taken from the US......
Random Canadian walking...in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
I am not ashamed to admit that I am highly fascinated by this concept....

*So, this duck went floating by, so I snapped a picture (see how blue that water is?!). Girl Child...ya know, the one that is suppose to be our smart one, looks at me with the most serious face and says "What is a duck doing in the freakin' ocean?!?" I have explained, several times prior to this, that this is a lake, not an ocean. This wasn't sinking in for Girl Child. So I explained it once again.
The amazing Ocean Duck....

There will be SOOO much more material for me to write about with us living here. I'm looking forward to FOTW posts even more now! 

Until next week, go see what's going on with other people!


Baking in a Tornado                          
The Rowdy Baker                                  
Just a Little Nutty                               
Spatulas on Parade                          
The Sadder But Wiser Girl                                  
Stacey Sews and Schools                 
Menopausal Mother                         
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy                              
Juicebox Confession                    
Someone Else's Genius                   
Black Sheep Mom                        
Go Mama O                                
Battered Hope                           
elleroy was here                            


Bet you thought I'd forgotten about the Phelfie explanation, huh? Well, you're right. lol. But there it is......this picture makes me giggle every time I see it.

9 comments:

  1. I love that dog selfie meme---seen it around on Fb. Michigan looks so beautiful---I envy you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, you can see Canada from your city. Better go call Sarah Palin!
    Love this new life of yours. Great pics (the ones you took yourself, that is), even the one of the ocean duck, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that the move was a grand fun adventure for your family.
    What incredible memories to make together!
    Enjoy your summer with such a beautiful new area to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Detroit is my HOME town -- I sure miss it. Thanks for sharing your travel exploits

    Carol @ Battered Hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful adventure for all of you! You sound very happy - that means you did the right thing by making the move. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!! I love seeing your adventures! SOOOOO happy for you!!!
    We LOVE the Phteven memes here!!!! HILARIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that meme - the one of Phteven.. that's with a PH. LOLz!

    Both my parents grew up in Michigan and I have been many times. It truly is beautiful there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. good for you for making a long car trip fun...I'd go mad and I only have one, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?