Friday, June 6, 2014

Movin' On Up.........

I didn't think I was going to get to join up with the Secret Subject Swap, because of my move. Turns out, I have access to the internet and I can join up. The problem? I discovered this after the prompts went out.

Jealousy reared it's ugly head and I threw a tantrum and found myself in a corner in fetal position, crying about not being able to participate. Karen, being the awesome friend, writer of Baking in a Tornado, and queen of the swap, took pity on me and gave me a prompt.

The prompt is: You're looking for a new place to live. If your budget were doubled (not endless, but just doubled), what would your new home look like? Which things that you want can you now have? Are there other features you'd like that you still couldn't have even with a doubled budget?

Thanks, Karen! You rock!! 

To be perfectly honest, the housing market here is really not that bad. You can get a really nice house for not a lot of money. If my budget were doubled, I could probably live in a mansion. 

My sister-in-law's house is the house I'd want. She has a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house with a nice front porch, a huge back deck, a sunroom and a basement. There is one room on the 1st floor with a bathroom, then 3 room and a bathroom on the 2nd floor, where this is also a little living room. 

If this were my house, the only thing I'd do is extend the length of the 1st floor bedroom. It would be my room. The kids would have the whole upstairs, where we would put a TV in the living room, along with a gaming system, some bean bag chairs and a futon. I'd finish the basement and give The Hubs a kick ass mancave, complete with a wet bar, a fully stocked fridge, a hot plate, microwave, HUGE TV and ratty couches.

I know what you're thinking....the kids have a space, The Hubs has a space....where is MY space? I'd have the sunroom. I'd set up a little desk out there and just write. That would be my domain. It would have a bookshelf, a coffeepot.....I can see it now.

The possibilities are endless here and I'm really looking forward to setting down some roots. I know it has only been a week that we've been here, but I feel at home.....

Thanks again, Karen, for letting me join in the fun. I hated that I was going to miss out...now I don't have to! ♥

3 comments:

  1. So glad you asked for a prompt, the Swap's not the same without you.
    I hope you find the house of your dreams and especially a sun room to call you own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, last minute joiner! Glad you made it :-) I added your link to my post, and I hope some folks will visit and take a virtual tour through your dream house! It does sound cool! You know what they say about visualizing: it's the first step to making your dreams come true! Have you started house hunting yet? Can you imagine looking at a house and actually seeing your sun room? It will happen - you'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great place to live. I'd be happy with a two bedroom, 3 bath, furnished basement, and an office.

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?