Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Great! Now I Have Guilt!

I've recently made the transition from being a stay at home mom to a working mom. Let me tell you.....I have guilt.

Major guilt.





I know mothers work all the time. Especially in this day and age. Plus, Lil Bit starts Kindergarten this year, so there is no reason why I SHOULDN'T work. I know this......but this little voice in my head says "What about breaks?" and "What if one of them gets sicks" or "Who will take them to appointments?"

My having a job is a GOOD thing. We now have two incomes. We can afford to go places, do things, etc, etc. We can make memories, both with the kids and without them. The Hubs and I can FINALLY go away for our anniversary/his birthday. As a family, we can finally go away for a weekend, go to the zoo or the aquarium. 

I know I'll get over my mommy guilt, eventually. Luckily, I've landed a job that will allow me to be home at a reasonable time, within a hour of school letting out. I'll still be able to cook dinner and have my evenings. Also, unless there is overtime, I'll be off on the weekends. So, I guess, really, there isn't a whole lot to be guilty about. 

Anyone know how long it takes the guilt to vanish?

1 comment:

  1. I've been both a stay at home mom and working out of the house mom. There is always guilt. Never let it get to you, though. You are doing what's best for your family. Like you said, you guys will all be able to do things that you may not have been able to do on one income.
    New job, new home, kids all growing up and stuff! Change looks beautiful on you :)

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?