Friday, July 11, 2014

Honey, I Shrunk The Blogger

It started out just like any other day. At 6:30 in the morning, my alarm started blaring. Time for The Hubs and I to get up, get the kids up, get all of us ready and head out to drop them at school and head off to work. It's just another day.....

Or so I thought.

I sit up and rub the sleep from my eyes. 
Holy.
Shit.

I am swimming in my blanket. I look over and see The Hubs is swimming too.  This can only mean one thing.

We shrank.

Eff!

I wake The Hubs up and inform him of our situation. We have a panic, then climb down the blanket so we can go check on the kids. We have to climb under the door to get out of our room. We run down the hall. It takes FOR.EV.ER! We finally make it to the girls' room and duck under their door. We climb up the blanket and find that Girl Child and Lil Bit have shrank too! We wake them up, calm them down, then help everyone down to go check on Boy Child. We make it to his room, climb under the door and find him sitting on the floor. He's little too!

What the hell are we going to do?!?! We have work and school. How are we going to get there?

The Hubs and I decide that we are all taking a mental health day. Obviously, we need it. So we hop on the phone...literally, and call out of work. After, we share a donut. Tiny stomachs means less food we are going to eat. Then we sit down and veg out. There's really not a lot that we can do, being little. We could go outside, but then we run the risk of getting eaten by something. That's no fun.....not at all. It's safer inside. 

So, what do we look like, all little and stuff?


Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week, 12 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts. 


Inline image 1


My subject was "Oh, NO!! You've shrunk!! Tell how your day goes." and it was submitted by my good friend Stacey from Stacy Sews and Schools. Thanks lady!

Do me a favor and see what my friends are writing about today!!

Baking in a Tornado                          
Spatulas on Parade                          
Stacy Sews and Schools                      
Sparkly Poetic Weirdo                                   
Confessions of a Part-time Working Mom                        
Dates 2 Diapers 2                       
Crumpets and Bullocks                     
Climaxed                               
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy                                      
Someone Else's Genius                 
The Bergham's Life Chronicles           

10 comments:

  1. you hope it's safer in the house, stay away from pets, vacuums, and toilets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT JOB!!!! I love the pic!!!! ROFLOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This post was a challenge, that's for sure.

      Delete
  3. What a perfect picture for this post.
    I'm thinking if my family all shrinks and can share one piece of food, this may be a perfect way for me to actually get a taste of those treats I make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If my family shrank, they'd all come down to my size! Ha! Love this so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Love what you did with your prompt.

    Fun piece :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow! Does this have anything to do with "it's the little things…"?
    Hopping on the phone and calling in to take a mental health day sounds about right, hahahaha!
    So today, Stacy will unshrink you guys, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rick Moranis is always leaving his stupid machine in places innocent people accidentally use. Hopefully you are back to normal size now. If not, I'm so impressed you wrote this blog, like that had to take some Michael Jackson dance moves on the keyboard to get up there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, I want to shrink when the donuts get to stay the same size. I could totally handle that :) A mental day. I'm using that as excuse for sure :) Miss you, Twinnie!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?