Friday, September 19, 2014

Flys in the Vaseline We Are

Welcome to Fly on the Wall! I promised you guys last month that I would make this month a super-sized version, because last month was so short. I'm going to try to make that happen, but I make no promises.....

~ Lil Bit has taken to threatening people. She's finding her voice in this house full of big people and, with that, she is trying to battle back against a brother and sister that tend to be a little......mean.....with her. If you have never heard a 5 year old make a threat, let me just tell you...it is HILARIOUS! At one point, she looked at The Hubs and said "I will poop on your glasses!"
Okay........

~ So, I live in the middle of a farm, basically. There is a huge cow pasture behind and beside my house. We have become buddies with the cows and have named them. There is White Milk, Chocolate Milk, 2%, 1%, and Skim Milk, as well as T-Bone and Rib Eye. They like apples...at least Chocolate Milk does. So much so that she waits at the fence, looking in my kitchen window.
Chocolate and Skim Milk

~ There is this chick at work. I absolutely CAN NOT stand her. I'm generally an easy person to get along with, but this chick...ohhhhhh she just rubs me the wrong way. She is the highest paid person in my department and doesn't even do the job she is paid for. She isn't the team lead, but when the manager is gone, she trumps what the team lead, who is second in command, says. She is just an aggravating person.

~ We haven't painted the house yet. It is coming. Because we are going to paint, I'm holding off on putting up anything on the walls. But, here's my living room as it is right now.
I can't WAIT to paint and get my pictures on the wall. We have been in the house for a little over a month now and I still absolutely, 100% love it.

~Lil Bit and Girl Child are sharing a room for the first time in a few years. It is funny to see the contrast of decor on the walls. On Lil Bit's side, it is all things Frozen and 5 year old. On Girl Child's side, tons of posters, mostly of One Direction, just slapped up on the wall. One thing they DO have in common, though, is the mess. SOOOOO messy......

~ The Hub's best friend came to visit us. I've known him since high school and have been good friends with him since then. My mom thinks he is just super good looking and goes out of her way to make him feel uncomfortable when she visits (it is all in good fun), so, because of this, I call him Stepdaddy as a joke. He crashed at our house and it was nice to just hang out with him and catch up.

~ I've been at my job for two weeks now. I like the work and a few of the people, but oh the hours. We have been working 10 hour days. It's nuts. But working there has showed me that I really enjoy this side of the medical field. I'm looking into medical billing and coding, as well as office administration.

~ See this little frog? Looks cute, huh?

HE IS EVIL!! He was hanging out behind the shutter on my house. I thought he might be stuck and was going to try to help him and the little bastard jumped at me. I let out a scream and fell running back into the house. The fam got a kick out of that.......stupid frog.

~ This is...well, WAS Gertrude, one of our three garden spiders. She's gone now. I think she's in the witness protection program, 'cause she packed up her web and moved the day after I snapped this pic.





~ In addition to our cows and our cat, Olaf, we have a dog now too. Okay, technically, she is the neighbor's dog, but we keep dog biscuits for her and she spends a lot of time over at our house playing with the kids. Her name is Chloe and she's the sweetest little dog ever. I snapped a picture of her playing with the kiddos and...well....this was the result.




~ Have you ever looked at your kids and thought "Man, they are NOTHING like me", only to have them do something and make you say "Oh...there I am"?




In less than a week, BOTH of my girls hurt themselves falling.  Lil Bit fell at the dentist's office and busted her lip pretty good. It got her out of having to have xrays done, but she has been sporting a fat lip since then.

Then, this week, Girl Child was running down the hill next to our house and smashed into the side of it. Her face broke her fall, but when she put her hands out to catch herself, well........

....she broke her wrist. Officially, it is a left distal radius buckle fracture. She was HEARTBROKEN, because this week, they are doing basketball tryouts at school and she was trying out. She is the first of the kids to break a bone.....over achiever....lol

Okay, so that's all I have. Hey, do me a solid and go see what's happening with my friends?

http://www.BakingInATornado.com                           Baking In A Tornado
http://www.therowdybaker.com                                The Rowdy Baker
http://www.justalittlenutty.com/                                Just A Little Nutty
http://themomisodes.com                                         The Momisodes
http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/                       Spatulas on Parade
http://thesadderbutwisergirl.com                               The Sadder But Wiser Girl
http://followmehome.shellybean.com                          Follow me home . . .
http://stacysewsandschools.blogspot.com/                  Stacy Sews and Schools
http://www.menopausalmom.com/                             Menopausal Mother
http://www.gomamao.com                                        Go Momma O
http://dinoheromommy.com/                                     Dinosaur Superhero Mommy
http://www.juiceboxconfession.com                           Juicebox Confession
http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com                         Someone Else’s Genius
http://batteredhope.blogspot.com                               Battered Hope





19 comments:

  1. My girls also share a room, and we have the exact same decor! LOL Frozen for Cailey (10) and One Direction for Deanna (17). We also have a mess. SIGH....
    HUGS for the girls!! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, the mess is absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!

      Thanks mama!

      Delete
  2. So sorry about your little girl's wrist! Ouch! Your house and new life all look and sound wonderful---can't wait to see you again when I drive through for the next conference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see you either! You'll have to take an extra day and come hang out at the house!

      Delete
  3. Cows and horses and dogs and frogs and spiders in the Witness Protection program? That's quite a life you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frogs are fiends! Not Friends. There. That's my wisdom for the day! Sorry about your girls and their booboos. And I LOVE the names of your cattle herd and that meme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! lol We have a little fountain thing in the backyard and it has become a frog habitat!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Adopted cows and dog...maybe you should return the favor and give the neighbors the FROG! Sounds like a great life. Do the girls fight more now that they're roommates? I have a new line to use on my hubby now: I'll poop on your glasses! Snickering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they've fought since day one it seems...lol
      I'd love to ship the frogs off to the neighbors, but I think they'd just come back.

      Delete
  6. Seriously, dog sharing is the way to go.
    The kids must be loving having so much space to explore and so many cool animals to share a fence with. What a special place to live. <3
    Sorry for the ladies both taking a spill. I do love the snazzy pink cast to go with that big smile. May that be the worst of the injuries for a long time and everyone is 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They love it here. There is a shed out back that we are going to eventually turn into a clubhouse for them.

      Delete
  7. Sarah, it makes me so happy to see you and your adorable family in that house :)
    Mean, bossy people at work are the worst. Don't forget to tell her to "SUCK IIIIIT" from me.
    I love the name of the cows. We had to large pigs in our neighbor's yard called ham and bacon. That's all I have to say about that.
    I hope your girls are feeling better soon. Tell your Girl Child that she'll be all healed in time for softball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Twinnie! I absolutely LOVE this house and can't wait to start buying it.
      I will, but she's actually playing soccer this year. She didn't enjoy softball this past season.

      Delete
  8. Oh my - the "poop on your glasses" threat is still making me laugh! I love the names of the cows too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice that you are loving your new home. I bet you got up the first morning and walked around in the quiet and let it all sink in, right? I am sure the new job will all work out with the co worker and as far as the frog -- I had one that kept coming through the air-conditioner in my office and freaked me out! Really liked the names of the farm animals -- will pass that on to my daughter as she keeps getting more animals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. frogs, cows , dogs oh my! country living, I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy that you love your new home. So sorry for the hurt kids...it pains us when they get hurt, if only we can keep them healthy and safe all the time. I would love to have all those animals...just no bugs, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep my mom and I are twins if clumsiness counts for "just alike". Poor baby busting her lip AT the dentist office. And I am pretty sure I would have hurt myself getting away from the frog too. For the record - nope I don't think he/she is cute ;-)

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?