Friday, October 17, 2014

Buzzing Around Like Flies

Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 13 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house. These are just little peeks into the complexity (yea, right) that is yours truly.

*We have had Olaf, the cat, since July. She needed a friend, so we got her one. We went to one of the local shelters, gave them $59 and came home with a Lab/Weim mix that we promptly named Pi. So, readers, meet the newest edition to our family, Pi!!




We have had him just over a week and he is such an awesome dog. He's already pretty much potty trained and he's just so cute.....

*Pi likes to be held like a baby, wrapped up in his sheet. He will moan and groan until I do this. He will be a pretty big dog, so I hope he grows out of this habit.



*We bought Olaf a cat activity station thing. We figured she would have a field day with it. She probably would IF SHE EVER GOT TO PLAY WITH IT! Why is she not playing with it? Is the dog playing with it? No.....this is why...
Yes, that is Girl Child, sitting in the floor, playing with the cat's toy. Lil Bit had already played with it, so I couldn't snap a picture.



*Speaking of Olaf, she has a really problem with us putting the sink stopper things on the side of the sink. Every night, after we clean up the kitchen, we put them there. Every morning, they are back in the sink. That cat isn't right.....


*I live in a small town and each year, we have a festival. It's kind of a big deal. They shut down downtown and school lets for a day. Every year, they have a parade and every year, we go.





I don't think Lil Bit was feeling it this year though...

This year brought one of the BIGGEST crowds for the concerts, because they had Shooter Jennings (son of Waylon Jennings) performing. I totally got to hang out back (er...um..side?) stage with him.
Confession time: I had no clue who he was, other than that he actually played Waylon Jennings in "Walk The Line"....



 *So....this new shirt happened....

*Pumpkin Spice Frappe's are pretty much sex in a cup....SO amazing!


* I have a new job.  I work for a company that takes calls for the Health Insurance Marketplace (or, as other people say it, I work for Obama.....). The hours are SO awesome and the pay is REALLY good. I really like it. Right now, I'm just a temp employee, working through open enrollment. But I really hope I impress them and they keep me on afterward.

*For the first time in quite a few years, we are a two car family again! I got myself a van recently, because my hours make it really hard for us to share a car (I go in at 7am). It's a 2003 Chrysler Voyager. It's red and I've decided her name is Big Bertha.

*FALL IS HERE!!!!!!!!!! I'm SOOO freaking happy! Fall is my favorite season (right up there with Spring). Cooler weather means I can wear all my favorite comfy clothes without sweating to death.





*We all know that I absolutely adore owls. It is starting to take over my house. I have owls EVERYWHERE. Bless my husband, he puts up with my obsession and doesn't object. He says he's maintaining the thought of "Happy wife, happy life".......smart man.

*THE WALKING DEAD IS BACK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Hey, do me a solid and check out what my friends are up to, will ya? If you make it through the whole list, there will be a treat for you at the end.......


http://www.BakingInATornado.com                          Baking In A Tornado
http://www.therowdybaker.com                                  The Rowdy Baker
http://www.justalittlenutty.com/                                Just A Little Nutty
http://themomisodes.com                                          The Momisodes
http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/                          Spatulas on Parade
http://thesadderbutwisergirl.com                                   The Sadder But Wiser Girl
http://followmehome.shellybean.com                          Follow me home
 http://stacysewsandschools.blogspot.com/                 Stacy Sews and Schools
http://www.menopausalmom.com/                          Menopausal Mother
http://batteredhope.blogspot.com                             Battered Hope
http://dinoheromommy.com/                         Dinosaur Superhero Mommy
http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com                 Someone Else’s Genius
http://www.crumpetsandbollocks.com               Crumpets and Bollocks


*Did ya make it through? Good! Watch this and laugh! This is currently my ringtone.
 


 

14 comments:

  1. Welcome to Pi, he's beautiful.
    I can't help it, I'll be picturing that pic of Lil Bit in my head and laughing all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That music video. I'm stealing it. Hahahaha.
    Your puppy, you know I love him. Cheers to your family for the rescue.
    "Happy Life Happy Wife" I used that it my post today, too. Twins!!
    I'm drinking my pumpkin spice latte right now and you know I'm sporting the yoga pants.
    Congrats on Big Berthat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take it....share it....the world needs it. lol
      Thank you!!!
      Twins....gotta be. haha

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the job - it sounds great! Hope it turns permanent.
    What a sweet boy Pi is! I love the snuggle picture. I'll bet he'll still do that even when he's big. Awwwwwww.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet he will too....and I'll get crushed. haha

      Delete
  4. YAY for the new dog, new shirt, new job and new van!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pi is ADORABLE!
    My Bengal Bunch have a weird thing about pulling up the metal drain in the sink. Cats are bizarre but wonderful little jerks.
    I may need that Wookie shirt! So Awesome!
    Congrats on the job and the new wheels!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Wookie shirt is a Walmart special. lol. You are so right about cats...lol

      Delete
  6. OMG, that video is hilarious! My husband showed it to me - we're TWD fans.

    You have an Olaf... where's Sven!? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They wanted to name him Sven. I couldn't get on board....it just sounds weird. lol

      Delete
  7. I'm always amazed how your life changes within a couple of weeks. Congrats on the new job and the cute puppy!
    Now that ringtone music of yours won't go away… very catchy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it though? lol Yea, I'm a roll with the punches kinda gal...haha

      Delete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?