Sunday, November 23, 2014

In Memory of Jason Lee LaFever



On November 19, 2014, a beautiful soul left this Earth to fly with the angels. Born 36 years ago on October 12, 1978, Jason Lee LaFever possessed a soul that was older beyond the years of the body that contained it.

From birth, he searched for beauty in everything he saw, from a weed growing out of the ground to the sun setting in the sky. Like everyone, Jason had his demons and sometimes, he he fought a mighty battle against them. But through it all, he was on a never ending search for the beauty in his plight.

His laughter was often contagious, bringing light to someone's darkened mood. He hated to see someone down, so he made it his mission to make a smile appear of the face of anyone that needed it.

From his love of music to his hatred of cake, Jason had many subjects he was passionate about. He enjoyed debating politics and fought for equal rights for all.

Feeling the loss of this beautiful soul is his mother, Pamela Howard of Port Saint Lucie, Florida, Nanny Phyllis Lowe of Port Saint Lucie, Florida, his brother David Howard (Christine) and sister Amber Howard of Dayton, Ohio, uncle Ricky LaFever of Port Saint Lucie, Florida and aunts Kimberly LaFever (David) of Port Saint Lucie, Florida, Aunt/Mom Linda Fields (Chris) of Thonotosassa, Florida, Stacey LaFever and Karen Baker of Tennessee, first cousins Rebecca (Ben) Farmer, Stephanie LaFever, Jon Vanderpool (LaFever) (Alysa) and Ashley LaFever (Shawn) of Dayton, Ohio, Tabitha (Kendal) Tamez of Fort Pierce, Florida, Sarah (Matthew) Nolan and William Grubb of London, Kentucky, as well as numerous second cousin, good friend Maggie Saldia and father Terry Rader.

He is proceeded in death by his Dad, David Howard.

Jason wouldn't want any of the family he loved to mourn his death. Instead, he would rather they celebrate his life, remembering all of the laughter he shared with them. Jason bestowed upon all those that loved him many words of wisdom, many lessons of life. He would want his family to take those words of wisdom, those lessons of life and carry them on in his honor. His final message for his family was this: love each other enough to make up for his absence and remember that he is with you all, always.

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful tribute, Sarah. I knew you'd do him proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sadden beyond words to hear of Jason's death. I'm in complete shock. He was a dear friend. I came across this beautiful tribute only because I was searching for a way to contact him. We haven't spoken in many years because our lives went in separate directions. What I found was only heartache. My prayers thoughts and love goes out to his family, friends and loved ones. He and all of you will be in my prayers forever. I'm truly sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. His passing has left a void in all of our hearts that I'm not sure will ever be filled.

      Delete
  3. I can't not imagine the utter disparity you and your family are suffering. Jay was a huge part of my life for a couple of years. We started at tmobile together and ended up in the same class together as well. We were inseparable from there on. He was my 1st best friend. My husband actually mentions often.. " I wish I could make you laugh the way that Jay did". Hearing that now reality hits and I realize he is gone... Words can't not describe the way that makes me feel. My mind can't wrap myself around the fact that I will never reconnect with him, I can never tell him I'm truly sorry for being absent in his life for to many years. I will never hear him talk about how much he loved his dog Jada. But the worst of it all is I had no idea he passed and the guilt I feel is horrendous. I should have been there.. It sickens me everyday since I found out this beautiful person who seriously changed me for life is gone. Again I'm truly sorry.. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you would like, contact me on my personal Facebook page. Just search Sarah Nolan, London, Kentucky. I check my other messages frequently, so I'll get back to you later today.

      Delete
    2. Hello Sarah, I'm sorry I wasn't able to responed back to your last message. My whole family had the flu. I really hope my sister was able to give you my contact info on your Facebook page. If it's easier here is my email kmkimm660@gmail.com. I'm sorry I don't have a Facebook. I look forward in hearing from you.

      Delete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?