Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye 2014, Welcome 2015

2014 saw so many changes, tests, trials, and it was a roller coaster to say the least. As a family, we experienced heartbreak,failure, rock bottom, and success. Through out it all, though, we've battled back to be stronger than ever.

The year started off on a slow note. Matthew worked, I stayed home, we lived life and that was that. We did soccer, softball, and birthday parties. One kid graduated from preschool while two went on to 5th grade. New friendships were made and exhaustion was a constant feeling.

In April, tragedy struck in the form of my husband's nephew dying. My first time ever going to Michigan was on a sad note. After a day trip to Port Huron, I feel in love with the area and we attempted to move. Sadly, that didn't work out either and we had to come back after only 3 weeks.

In July, I started a job and we saved money to find the most amazing house ever. Our kids started a new school. We were happy.

We had our first broken bone with Girl Child. Boy Child is one his way to a proper diagnoses with his issues we've been dealing with. Lil Bit is flourishing and we are seeing her love for performing grow.

We are a two car family for the first time in 5 years. We have a house we love. The Hubs is with a company he loves. I have a job I really enjoy. We have a dog that we love.

In November, tragedy struck again with the passing of my cousin.

December saw us with completed Christmas shopping and the feeling of joy in knowing that, for the first time, we were able to give our kids a kick ass Christmas. My mom and her boyfriend came to visit.

Life is good.

As we close out 2014 and head into the new year, I'm content. Typically, I look forward to the new year because the previous year was full of struggles. This year, I'm looking forward to it because I want to see what else is in store for us.

2015 will bring about us purchasing our first home, soccer again, cheerleading, dance class, two kids going in to middle school. 2015 is going to be awesome.

I'm SO looking forward to it.

3 comments:

  1. You know you have worked so hard this year - so a kick ass Christmas was definitely in order!
    Here's to a happy and healthy 2015 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year baby girl.... Hope 2015 is a gr8 year for all of us , we deserve it <3 ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite some heartbreaking tragedies, you really did have a good year. Can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for you.

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?