Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Flying On By

Welcome, friends, to another installment of Fly On The Wall!



If you are new to this blog, then let me fill ya in on what this post is. There are little snip-its in our lives that we want to share, but they wouldn't make an entire blog post. Well, this is where they go. So, sit back, grab a drink, and enjoy!

*Dude.....I'm not sure WHO angered Elsa here in Kentucky, but they need to apologize, because I'm OVER THIS SNOW! We got about a foot of snow (give or take a couple of inches) on Monday. I haven't been to work, because there is no getting out of my driveway. Snow like this is pretty much unheard of in Kentucky. A couple of inches, sure. But a FOOT? Nope. Check out this pic of my driveway. I took this from the road. Our neighbors were plowing and I'd have to say that's about a foot and a half of snow plowed up over my driveway.

*A couple of weeks ago, Boy Child broke out in a HORRIBLE rash. We had to take him to the ER because it was so bad. We still don't know what caused it exactly, but we have since switched to washing his clothes, bedding and the towels in free and clear detergent, fabric softener and using free and clear dryer sheets. So far, that seems to have helped.
Poor kid. They gave him Benedryl and a steroid and that seemed to only make it worse, so then they gave him an epi shot and it cleared him up. But he was absolutely miserable.



*So, I'm sitting here the other day and The Hubs comes home from work with a red bag in his hand. He hands the kiddos some candy, then hands me the bag and says "Happy Valentine's Day!" Then he reaches into the bag and pulls something out and says "Here, open this first". So, I did and say "Noooo....." when I see the box. Then I open the box and say "Nuh uhhhhhh!!!" and start jumping up and down like a teenager who was just handed the keys to a car. What was it? He got me a phone. A Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in white.
Basically, my husband is the most awesome husband ever. All I got him was the last Odd Thomas book and a hard drive for his PS3.

*If you recall, last month, I posted about how I was feeling like I needed something more in my life in terms of my faith. I am happy to report that not only have I found my faith, but that I feel so set free. We've found such an amazing church that we immediately connected with. So, this past Sunday, The Hubs and I became members of the church!





*One of the things we really love about our church is the community outreach they do. A couple of weeks ago, we went to the local homeless shelter to serve dinner and offer fellowship. I was so proud of my kiddos! They jumped right in there and helped without being asked. They even helped with the kitchen duties!

*Okay, I've saved the biggest news of all for last. Remember the house we moved into in August? Well, last Friday, we officially started the process of buying it! Yup! We are buying our house. We love it so much here that we want to stay here forever (or at least until we retire), so we talked to our landlords and they agreed to sell. Woohoo! You know what that means, right? As we go along with remodeling it, there will be some hilarity for you guys to read!


Okay, that's all I have for now. Fly over to my friends' houses and see what they have, will ya?

Baking in a Tornado
Spatulas On Parade                       
Follow me home...                        
Stacy Sews and Schools         
Battered Hope                  
Just A Little Nutty                          
Someone Else's Genius                 
Eileen's Perpetually Busy 
Juicebox Confession                     
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy                  
Menopausal Mother        
Disneyland in Kentucky                       
Go Mama O                              





8 comments:

  1. SO glad that things are going so great for you!!!

    Well, HUGS for the snow... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look here on the blog.
    But the best news was definitely saved for last. Congratulations. I'm so happy you found your forever home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome gift! and Keep the snow up north please...this weather has been a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the snow, Twinnie.
    I'm really sorry about your little boy. Did you go home with an EPI-pen?
    Let's see... Congrats on the beautiful phone, finding a wonderful church AND buying your home! Holy Hannah! It's all fantastic. I'm very happy for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the home! It's such good news I won't gloat about the snow.

    I love the Odd Thomas series. Plus a new hard drive? I'm sure your hubs was super stoked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know...somebody better set Elsa straight...this snow and cold is ridiculous. I think it's wonderful that you all help your community.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new home!!!
    That is such a huge, wonderful, awesome, scary, happy step to make. I am so happy for you!
    Now if we could get rid of all the icky snow so you guys can enjoy that beautiful yard of yours.
    I'm so glad your little guy is feeling better. Rashes are the pits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so hard to watch your little one hurting. Glad he is better. Congrats on your new home and what looks like will be lots of new friends as well especially when finding a good church.

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?