Friday, April 3, 2015

I Wish There Was A Cure

Come one, come all and gather 'round. 
What once was lost has now been found.
What magic is this? 
Oh what can it be?
Well step on over here and see!
Something so simple,
Something so minor.
It can help even the biggest whiner.
So you've got the blues?
The world got ya down?
You have a reason to frown.
Ya see, this place is a mess
That is plain to see.
It's gotten that way 'cause-a you and me.
But these here elixir can solve that.
It will take all of this away in a snap.
Mock it you might
But you will be wrong.
For try it one time and you'll break out in song.
It will make you smile
Make you feel.
Are you ready for this?
Ready to see what's been sent from above?
This magical cure all is a thing called.....
....Love.

I was asked to create a "Miracle Elixir" that would fix something, cure something, and pitch it for sale. Well, I'm not selling it.

I'm giving it away.

In a time when we have elected officials passing laws that are basically nothing but willful discrimination masked as "religious freedom". In a time where we have people bullying other people just because they can, because the computer gives them the anonymity to feel brave.....in a time where cops are killing people and people are killing cops and there is so much rioting and fear....we need this. We need love.

We.
Need.
LOVE.

Hatred has become the norm and it saddens me. It literally hurts my heart. It is nothing, anymore, for people to just blatantly hate and for no reason at all. So that's what I'm curing. I'm ridding the world of hate. I'm replacing it only with love.

We all can use more of it....

This post was written as part of the Secret Subject Swap. This week, 15 brave bloggers are revealing what prompts we got and how we made them our own. My prompt came from the hotness over at More Than Cheese and Beer and it was "You create a "Miracle Elixir".  I don't want to call names, but you're basically a snakeoil saleman (saleswoman).  What are you selling?  What does it "cure"? What is it made of? What's your sales pitch?". Thanks for the awesome prompt. I hope I did it some justice.

Do me a favor and check out what my friends have for you below!

Baking in a Tornado                          
The Bergham’s Life Chronicles                       
Spatulas on Parade                         
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy                                      
More Than Cheese and Beer             
Southern Belle Charm                         
Confessions of a part-time working mom                        
The Lieber Family                                       
Someone Else’s Genius                        
Climaxed                             
Stacy Sews and Schools                 
Sparkly Poetic Weirdo                               
Searching for Sanity                    
Silence of the Mom                     

11 comments:

  1. THAT WAS THE MOST AMAZING POEM! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need as much love as possible in the world and we need to give it as much as possible.

    Love this message ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right! What the world needs now is love, sweet love!! They should write a song!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you got this prompt because this post could not be more perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, friend :-)
    I'll help you spreading it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hear hear well done. I've gotten to the point where I'm taking a break from reading newspapers and online news websites, just because I can't stand to hear one more horrible story for a while. We all need love, and the beautiful thing is we can all give it freely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post! Awesome message and I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BRAVO!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the post...totally agree!!!! Beautiful babe

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO much love for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?