I have lived in a few places. I was born in Ohio and I've lived in Kentucky and Florida. Within both of those states, I've lived in several cities, in several houses.
In 2014, we decided to moved to Michigan. I loved it there, but alas, it only lasted 3 weeks. We came back to Kentucky and searched for a place to lived until we could A) afford to buy a house or B) moved back to either Michigan or Florida.
The Hubs posted an ad on one of those Facebook trade groups, stating that we were looking for a 3 or 4 bedroom place to live. We got a reply from someone about this house that wanted first, last and security. We knew we wouldn't be able to come up with that, so we disregarded it.
A few weeks later, we went back to that message and discovered it was still available. We went to look at it and absolutely fell in love. We talked to the landlord and got to move in right away. And, she worked with us on the deposits.
Our landlord told us that she would sell to us on land contract. So, this past tax season, we paid the down payment and are now purchasing our home!
Now that you have that background let's address the subject. What do I love/hate about where I live.....
- The location. My house is beautiful. I live on a half acre lot that butts up to a cow pasture. It's quiet. At night, all you hear are crickets and frogs. You can see the sunset. I also live on a dead end road, so the kids can ride their bikes without fear of traffic.
- The house. It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom double wide on a permanent foundation, making it a house.It's spacious and, for the most part, it flows well. We are making improvements to make the house more US.
- The neighborhood. Other than my family and one other family, everyone is related. They are your typical country folk; they are super polite and not at all nosy. The neighborhood is safe. We've left doors unlocked and nothing has happened, so yay on that! lol
- I love that the kids' school is literally right next door. It's the elementary school, so in August, Boy and Girl child will actually be at the middle school, but Lil Bit will be at this school until she's ready to move on to 6th grade.
- The town. Okay, the town I live in is small. We don't have a mall and there really isn't a lot to do. small town living has it's perks, sure. But it CAN get boring.
- The politics. This is a very Conservative Republican area. The Hubs and I are Liberal Democrats. There is a very big difference in view points.
- The roads. Several of the really congested areas are only 2 lane roads. That makes no sense to me, but they didn't ask my opinion. Jerks.
I love it!
Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week, 16 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.
My subject is Why you love and/or hate where you are living? It was submitted by the lovely Karen from Dinosaur Superhero Mommy. Thanks for the prompt! Now that you've read mine, please do me a solid and see what my friends have for ya!
http://www.BakingInATornado.com Baking In A Tornado
http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com The Bergham’s Life Chronicles
http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com Spatulas on Parade
http://dinoheromommy.com/ Dinosaur Superhero Mommy
http://themomisodes.com The Momisodes
http://stacysewsandschools.blogspot.com/ Stacy Sews and Schools
http://sparklyjenn.blogspot.com/ Sparkly Poetic Weirdo
http://gndisney.wordpress.com Disneyland in Kentucky
http://www.southernbellecharm.com Southern Belle Charm
http://thelieberfamily.com The Lieber Family
http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com Someone Else’s Genius
http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch Confessions of a part-time working mom
http://batteredhope.blogspot.com Battered Hope
http://www.smalltalkmama.com Small Talk Mamahttp://singlemumplusone.blogspot.com Searching for Sanity