Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Ode To Candy Tax

I dress you up
I take you out
We go here
We go about
Begging from strangers
Please fill up our bags
Nevermind the exhausted mom
Or the tired dad
We go there
We go everywhere
Seeking the most
Thinking you won't share
But oh, my little ones
Guess again
November first
My fun begins
You see mom and dad
Don't take you out for fun
Oh no, my child because
When it's all said and done
We get to go through it all and
See what goodies you got
It's time to get paid
For the breaking of our backs
Guess why, my dears
It's time to pay your
Candy tax


This post was part of a link up for Halloween poems. What a fun thing to do, huh?! Check out what my poetic friends believe have for you!

Baking In A Tornado: Stubble, Rubble, Boil and Bubble
Cluttered Genius: A (Parenting) Halloween Poem
Spatulas on Parade: Ghost, Gobblins and Dessert OH MY
Someone Else's Genius: It Could Happen - A Poem
Confessions of a part-time working mom: Of Springboks and Ghouls
People Don't Eat Enough Fudge: Nothing To Fear Here 
Measurements of Merriment: Witches & Vampires 
The Bergham Chronicles: Spooktacular Poetry 
Sparkly Poetic Weirdo: The Maddening Mask 
The Angrivated Mom: Cursed By The Devil's Kiss 

7 comments:

  1. Love it! The Candy Tax is a must! SPOOKtacular Halloween Poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great laugh and great concept. My boys are too old for trick or treating, maybe I should collect tax from the kids who come to my door?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy tax is a scary thing really...I dont want to give up any of my candies!!! They're all mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! I call my kids my "candy beard".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally going to use the "candy tax" this year to explain why I have a chocolate mustache. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe it's because I've raised em to think candy tax is just part of the deal, but my kids always bring me a handful of my faves before they dig in for themselves! Blessed!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?