Friday, October 16, 2015

The Breakup Song

There I was, sitting at Starbucks, waiting on my boyfriend to show up. He was always late to meet me lately. I'm not sure what was up with him. He kept sending these weird texts. So unlike him.

Finally, 30 minutes later, he strolls through the door.

"Um, hello Mr. Ican'tbeanywhereontime....." I said, standing up to greet him with a kiss.

"Felicia....you need to sit down....I have something to tell you." he said, looking grim.

"For a while now, I've been trying to tell you that I can tell you are a singular girl. Now, don't get me wrong, you have your moments when you are great girlfriend. But, the other day, I was really bummed out and I was hanging out with Jimmy, drinking. I was going on and on about you and Jimmy looked at me and said "Morph..Morph from Dusseldorf. No need to drink that wine. You know what you have to do." And he was right. I DO know what I have to do. You aren't very clean. I can't tell you how many times I that the lamp gets dusty, really dusty and it's gross. It started off great. When we first got together, I was a King. I was a moth with painted wings made of cloth. But now, it's like I feel trapped. This really makes me mad. And, despite all my rage, I am STILL just a rat in a cage. I couldn't work up the nerve to hurt you. But now, I have to. I can't do this to myself anymore. It sucks, but, ya now.....another one bites the dust. So, I have to go, but before I do, I just want to say thank you for the memories and....well.....bye Felicia."

He walked away.....I was shocked. But then, this really cute guy came in after him and sat near me, and I forgot all about Morph.


Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.






 At the end of this post you’ll find links to the other blogs featuring this challenge. Check them all out, see what words they got and how they used them.  

My words were "singular ~ morph ~ lamp ~ moth ~ cage ~ dust" and they were submitted by Jenniy from Climaxed. Thanks!!

All the stuff in grey...those are song lyrics. Here are the list of the songs and artists.

"Singular Girl" by Old 97's
"Morph Dusseldorf" by Disco Biscuits
"Go" by Hanson
"Moth" by Audioslave
"Bullet With Butterfly Wings" by Smashing Pumpkins
"Another One Bites The Dust" by Queen

Now, how's about you go check out what my friends have for ya?

Baking In A Tornado                                     
Spatulas on Parade                          
Sparkly Poetic Weirdo                                 
Southern Belle Charm                        
Rena’s World                                    
Confessions of a part time working mom               
Never Ever Give Up Hope                             
Someone Else’s Genius                         
Searching for Sanity                           
Climaxed                                   
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy                         
The Bergham Chronicles                  
The Angrivated Mom          
Eileen's Perpetually Busy            


9 comments:

  1. What a way to say "bye, Felicia" ;-)))
    So glad that another door opened for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I was going to say the "Bye Felicia!" :)

      Delete
  2. And now I have that rat in a cage song stuck in my head. Very well done, I love how you managed to get all those songs into this one, that was very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get that girl a can of Pledge and save her! Haha! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing she didn't seem to miss him after he was gone since he broke up with her over dust on a lampshade. I'd be in big trouble if that were the case here, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dusting is probably my least favorite thing to do, good thing Wade doesn't care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you "morphed" all the songs together in this post! :)

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?