Friday, October 9, 2015

The Tale of Lepy

Trudging along with all of the other parents, I pull my little Elsa princess along behind me. There are at least 20 other Elsa's, half a dozen Anna's, and many other kids (or little people, but I don't judge) dressed as their favorite character for Halloween. That age old tradition of going door to door, begging for candy....oh how I love it. So what if some consider it child labor? I buy the costume, I put in the time to bring them trick or treating, I think I have a right to the Reese Cups, thanks. 

I'm in the neighborhood of a good friend of mine, nearing her house with excitement building. I just know she will have some sort of good food waiting. As I get closer, I hear a rustling in the hedges along a neighboring yard. Great, some moron didn't put their dog up. 

Ignoring it, I keep walking, Karen's house in sight. Every step we take is matched by a rustling in the bushes. As I start to make my way up her walkway, a leprechaun jumps out, scaring the holy jeebus out of me and causing my faux-Elsa to cry.

"Give me all ye candy or you shall have bad luck!" he said, smiling wickedly. 

"No way! We worked hard for this candy and there is NO WAY you are getting the Reese Cups, or anything else for that matter. Now hit bricks before I throw one at your face!" I said, pushing my kid behind me to protect her. 

"The candy, lass. I want the candy! Ye don't understand. I need the sugar to sustain me life. Now give it here!" Lepy said, panic in his eyes.

"You need something sweet to sustain you? That's so odd..." I said, trailing off. I had an idea.

I grabbed Lepy's hand and pulled him along with me, up the steps and knocked on Karen's door. I explained to her what was going on and that Lepy needed sweets to live. She had just the thing. She fixed him up with some of her PB Cup and Oreo Cookies, enough to last him a year. She struck up a deal with him. If he brought her and her family, me and my family, and the Red Sox all good fortune, she would keep him in cookies as long as she was able to.

That year, both College Boy and PurDude made President's List and won scholarships and had their tuition paid for for the remainder of their college life. Karen won a fabulous dream kitchen makeover. I'm happy with what I got.

We won't discuss the Red Sox.....guess even magic can't help.



Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week 15 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.  

My subject is "You take your child "trick or treating" and see a leprechaun hiding in Karen's bushes, what do you do and WHAT is he doing?" and it was submitted by the lovely Dawn from
Spatulas on Parade


Okay, check out what my friends have for you!

Baking in a Tornado                          
Spatulas on Parade               
Sparkly Poetic Weirdo                                 
Southern Belle Charm                        
The Lieber Family Blog                                         
Never Ever Give Up Hope                                  
Someone Else’s Genius                        
Cluttered Genius                              
Small Talk Mama                                      
Rena’s World                                      
Climaxed                                
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy                         
The Bergham’s Life Chronicles               

9 comments:

  1. LOL! Congrats on Karen's new kitchen makeover. I'm sure she'll love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen would definitely have some yummy sweets for Lepy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. President's List? Tuition paid for? I'd bake every day for that.
    Oh, how I love how much you made me laugh with this one. OK, I may have winced a little at the Red Sox thing . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Touche. Our Red Sox are an amazing team. Sign me up for free tuition and a new kitchen. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I loved this one. To bad about the Red Sox...not lol! You did an awesome job with your prompt it cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job with a weird and difficult question!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seriously snorted at the Red Sox thing. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome story using a fabulous prompt! Loved reading it :-)

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?