Friday, December 4, 2015

Not Such A Favorite

I honestly never really noticed that there was a short day, long night, so I had to look this up. This occurs on my cousin's birthday, so...well...there's that. 

Honestly, I have no favorite aspects of this time of year. I HATE winter, almost as much as I HATE summer. I don't like extreme heat or extreme cold. I just want to be comfortable. I like weather that is neutral. If I want to wear shorts, cool. If I want to wear pants, that's totally fine. I don't want to have to run my heat or air. I like having my windows and sliding door open. 

Maybe I'm weird, I don't know. I just want snow one time a year....Christmas. After that, it can go away and not come back.

I know that this post seems kinda mailed in, but honestly, it's really not a huge deal to me. My bladder won't let me sleep any longer than normal, nor will the dogs. My life isn't really going to be impacted by this.

Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week 15 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.  

The subject I got was "The shortest/darkest day of the year (in the northern hemisphere) is this month. There is a lot of commiserating about the negative aspects of the increased darkness and colder weather. What are some of your FAVORITE aspects of this time of year?" and it was submitted by Juicebox Confessions. Sorry girl...lol 

I'm willing to bet some of my friends have something better for ya. You can find them below!


Baking In A Tornado                          
Spatulas on Parade                  
Sparkly Poetic Weirdo                                 
Southern Belle Charm                        
Rena’s World                                   
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy                         
The Bergham Chronicles              
Never Ever Give Up Hope                         
 The Angrivated Mom                
Someone Else’s Genius                     
The Lieber Family Blog                             
Juicebox Confession                    
Climaxed                          

11 comments:

  1. I used to love the snow, now with all my commuting and having two dogs to take out in the snow I don't like it either. But no snow on Christmas day. We once traveled back from my sister's house in an unexpected snow and almost got hit a few times...the roads were horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the extra dark because the kids who can't tell time don't know if it's really not their bedtime or not. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yes! It's bedtime all the time - and not just for the kids ;-)

      Delete
  3. I loved the winter when I lived near ski mountains and I loved the summer when I lived near the beach. These days, stuck in the midwest, I'm like you, I'd rather just be comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like cold and snow unless I already don't have plans. School cancellations always mess with my work schedule and it throws my whole day out of kilter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah Michelle, you have never heard of 12/21? It's when my ex-boyfriend and I got back together. It was 1988, and it was a magical night. It's not what you think, though ;-)

    Anyway, while I don't like to get up and go to work when it's dark and come home when it's dark, the Holiday season with all the lights, decorations, cookies and the Elf on the shelf is a wonderful time! There are always sweaters, scarfs and boots we can wear, and we are lucky to have heating that works (most of the time), don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. In order of preference: Autumn, Winter, Spring, Summer. Hate the heat and the Spring is a reminder that Summer is coming LOL. Don't mind the rain and dark days -- most days in the Northwest in the winter time. But then I am a workaholic so the dark days are easier to work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree you said it perfectly. I don't want to be hot or cold. I'll take Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov any time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate snow. I truly hate it. I don't mind Summer. I'm grateful that we lack humidity here. It helps to make Summer more bearable. I do love that Summer has longer daylight hours. As much as I love the moon and night, I think emotionally, sunlight is better for me. Weather wise, I love Fall. It's like you said... Want to wear shorts? Cool. Want to wear pants? Cool. It's the best of both worlds. Love your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can not do "cold" and the extreme heat is no friend either. I like spring and fall, the mild weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sound just like my husband when it comes to snow - it should be reserved for the mountains, not the cities. LOL

    But we live in Utah, so I love that it gets dark early. More reason to stay in and curl up with a good book!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?