Friday, January 8, 2016

The (not so) Ghostly Ghost

I don't understand this.

Why am I awake right now? Why am I alive? I should be dead, I'm SUPPOSED to be dead. Yesterday was the last day I was scheduled to live.

Maybe I'm a ghost. I guess that's possible. How does one tell if they are a ghost or not? Do I just walk around, assuming that people can't see me? Standing, I walk toward my bathroom door and ran smack into it.

Ow.

Ghosts are supposed to be able to walk through solid objects. Opening the door, I look in the mirror and see my reflection. This test, I'm not sure of. If you watch movies or shows about ghosts, they always pop up in someone's reflection.

I sit on the toilet and I try really, really hard to figure out what I can do to see if I'm a ghost. 

Then it comes to me.

I run into the kitchen, open my pantry and I take out the salt. I pour a line that would keep me in the kitchen and from entering the living room, then step over it.

Well......that didn't work. So I grab my cast iron skillet, thinking it would send me away. But I'm still here. 

Sinking to the couch, I find myself concerned at my sudden plight. If only they were real, if only I could call them somehow and have them come figure this out for me. But they AREN'T real and they can't figure it out for me.

I sit on my couch, depressed that I don't know if I'm a ghost when I should be thrilled to be alive. 

So how's your Tuesday?





Oh hey guys! Welcome to the first Secret Subject Swap of 2016. I figured, with the prompt I had, I'd bring it in by paying homage to my favorite show, "Supernatural". So, Jared, Jensen or Misha...if you are reading this....hi! If you are new to the SSS, here's how it works. A bunch of really awesome bloggers send prompts to the Mothership where our fearless leader, Karen from Baking in a Tornado, does whatever voodoo magic it is she does that gets us our prompts, then we write about it. Easy, huh?

My prompt was "At birth, everyone has the date they will die tattooed on their arm.  You were supposed to die yesterday." and it was submitted by someone who I KNOW will appreciate this post, Robin from Someone Else's Genius. Thank you for this prompt! Below, you'll links to all the other awesome bloggers that participated, so make with the clicking and show them some love!


Baking In A Tornado                          
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy                        
The Bergham Chronicles              
The Lieber Family Blog                                 
Spatulas on Parade                  
Rena’s World                               
Southern Belle Charm                   
Someone Else’s Genius                   
My Brain on Kids                                      
Climaxed                         
The Angrivated Mom             

20 comments:

  1. I've never seen the show Supernatural, might need to add it to my extremely long queue :) I kept thinking of what I would do, but it was all Vampire-esque type stuff, not ghostly. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only watched a few episodes, but heard it's a great show. What an eerie prompt, I love how you wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I've told you this before but I love how your mind works! Walking into doors and pouring salt on the floor. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take credit for those ideas. Movies and TV shows totally get that cred.

      Delete
  4. Scheduled to die yesterday, wow... And you just couldn't follow directions? ;-) How would you even spend your last day on earth? I can't even start to think about it...
    Happy to be alive, Happy New Year, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Happy New Year to you too (only....like...really late)

      Delete
  5. Hmmm....not so much. Don't think I can go down that road LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never seen the show ( I know, right??) But love your post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who you gonna call? Ghostfacers! LOL! I'm over here, giggling maniacally. Thanks and I hope you made it to Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally did the whole hand gesture thing to that. lol

      Delete
  8. I freaking love this subject. Love your take on it. Love love love. Oh the thoughts... Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funny! I had never heard of the salt thing before. Now I know how to tell if I'm alive or not Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've even procrastinated your own death!! That's commitment! LOL

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?