Friday, January 15, 2016

The Punisher

I was young when it happened, so I don't remember a lot of the details. 

I just remember the sound of the rifle blast. The sound of a solo bullet, ripping through the air and killing the only one I depended on.

All these years later, I can remember that sound and it still haunts me. To tell you the truth, it triggers a rage like no other, one I had to fight to not give in to. One I ignored.

Until now.

I was minding my own business, relaxing and munching on an apple when I heard voices, one of which I recognized. One from my past. Immediately, I was on edge because I knew what they wanted, what they were doing here. This is MY house, MY neighborhood. I don't go to theirs, they should stay out of mine.

Quietly, I stood and hid, hoping my surroundings were providing enough camouflage for them to not see me. I stalked them as they walked, talking and bragging about the countless others they killed.

Heartless. That's what they were.

My vision went red and....well....I didn't want it to happen, but it did.

They mentioned HER, the one they took from me so long ago. He bragged about the kill, how it felt, how it was his first. It made me sick.

It made me FURIOUS.

So I pounced on him, knocking his rifle away. I turned on his friend and I must have looked crazy or made a crazy sound, because he was trembling, then he took off. Maybe it was my size, I don't know. 

Turning my attention back to her killer, I let my anger be known. I beat him, I beat him until I didn't hurt anymore. He didn't look that great, but me? I felt better.

He took my mother from me and left me to learn about this big world all alone. When I was done with him, sparing him his life, but reminding him to never, ever come back around this neck of the woods again, I calmly left him, walking off with my best friend, Thumper.

I didn't look back, but I felt vindicated. 





Hey guys! Welcome to the first Use Your Words challenge of 2016! I hope you enjoyed my twist of Bambi! Let me explain this challenge. Basically, we all send in some random words to Karen from Baking in a Tornado....she's our fearless leader. Then she has a witch doctor, voodoo priest and a shaman perform a spell and BAM, we all get words. Then we come up with a creative way to use them.

My words were APPLE, VOICES, SOLO, HAPPEN, TRUTH, CAMOUFLAGE and they were submitted by the lovely Jenniy from Climaxed. Thanks for the words...I had fun!

Below are links to my pals' pages, where you can find out what words they got and how they used them. Give them a click and let them know what you think, k? Happy reading!!


Baking In A Tornado                                    
The Bergham Chronicles               
Spatulas on Parade                    
Rena’s World                               
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy                     
Southern Belle Charm                        
Someone Else’s Genius                     
The Angrivated Mom              
Climaxed                               
My Brain on Kids                                     




10 comments:

  1. Wow, excellent punch line, I never saw it coming ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks! You know me and my surprise endings. lol

      Delete
  2. I love what you did with your words! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE a twist ending and you get me EVERY time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the way you surprise me with your endings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *snort* Disney's new movie: Bambi's Revenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, if I keep laughing so damn hard from all these humorous pieces I'm trying to catch up on, The Plague is going to take me out again!!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?