Friday, March 11, 2016

A Love Story

What is fate? Is it something that really exists? Is it something that only certain people have? Or is it sister to karma, giving us what we deserve, good or bad?

When I met you, there was a huge absence in my heart. Someone took a chunk of it and basically made ground beef out of it. I didn't think I would heal. I was certain of it. I told you this and you still fought for me.

For us.

I fought you all the way, determined to make you see your erroneous ways. I did everything I could to just get you to leave me alone, to push you out of my life before I fell again. I didn't want to get hurt. I couldn't get hurt again. I wouldn't survive it. 

I didn't want our relationship to get off to an auspicious start. I felt if I did that, it would make me look weak and make me vulnerable. But you were so gentle, so loving. So it was no surprise that, against all odds, I'd be sitting here with you today. I'm sitting here, enjoying our time together, knowing it is short. 

Our meeting was fortuitous. But so far, it has been successful. You've not hurt me. You've not let me down. I can give you my heart.





Because......

Coffee.....I love you.

Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.

My words were "erroneous ~ absence ~ against all odds ~ auspicious ~ fortuitous" and they were submitted by the lovely Robin from Someone Else's Genius. Thanks! I only had to look up two! haha

Now see what my friends have for you please?!



Baking In A Tornado                                       
The Bergham Chronicles                       
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy                                      
Southern Belle Charm                           
My Brain on Kids                                            
Never Ever Give Up Hope                               
Someone Else’s Genius                         
Confessions of a part time working mom                            
Spatulas on Parade                        
The Angrivated Mom                
Climaxed                           

8 comments:

  1. Giggle snort...love it. I don't know what I would do without that coffee, others would suffer if I could not have my java.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee doesn't ask stupid questions. Coffee understands ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a surprise ending and you got me. Loved it! I have to agree with Tamara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did it again! Loved the ending

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was awesome and totally made my day! Coffee is the love of many lives who never runs out of love to give! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always forget which words I give, but the minute I started reading this, I knew they HAD to be mine!

    Thanks for the laugh (and for the great use of words)!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?