Friday, March 4, 2016

Notes From The Sea

Dearest Reader,

Should you happen upon this bottle, it is likely that the sea has taken me for good. Know that it wasn't something that willingly happened. Sometimes, a body just gives up so the soul can continue. I wrote this prior and kept it safe on my boat, just in case.

I loved someone so dearly, so deeply. They were my light in a dark world. I devoted the majority of my life to making sure this person was truly happy because their happiness meant more than mine. Tragedy struck and that happiness was taken away from me. Since then, to honor my love, I seek to provide wisdom to those who might need it.

Life can be hard at times. I've lived a long life and I've seen good as well as bad. People look at the bad that happens in their life as a punishment of sorts. You can't have that kind of attitude; it eats away at your happiness. I decided, long ago, to look at the bad as a lesson that needed to be learned so that the good will be that much sweeter. Keeping that kind of mindset really helped me through some difficult times in my life.

Don't be afraid to give your all to someone. You never know how it will work out, but sometimes it is absolutely worth it. You have to great your heart absolutely shredded by your first love to find your true love. But in the end, the true love is the one that matters.

Take chances. Don't let a "what if" stop you from trying something. You don't want to look back on your life and feel regret about something.

Finally, know that you are worth it. YOU ARE WORTH IT! Never EVER let anyone take your self-worth away from you, because you have a value no one can match. You'll know you've found that true love I was talking about when they don't devalue you in the least.

Take care, my new found friend. Pass these words of wisdom along and do it in the name of someone you love, someone who has inspired you to live the life you've always wanted to live. You never know when your words will change someone's life.

Signed,
Your friend at sea


Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week 14 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.   

My subject was "You are on that remote island.  A drift bottle is being washed ashore. What does the note say?" and it was submitted by my awesome friend over at Confessions of a part time workingmom. Thanks for the prompt. I hope I did you proud!

Do me a solid and see what my friends have for you, k? Thanks! 


Baking In A Tornado                          
The Bergham Chronicles              
 Dinosaur Superhero Mommy                     
Southern Belle Charm                        
My Brain on Kids                                           
The Lieber Family Blog                              
Never Ever Give Up Hope                     
Someone Else’s Genius                   
Spatulas on Parade             
The Angrivated Mom                
Climaxed                           


10 comments:

  1. Profound and thinks we all need reminding of sometimes.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome message in a bottle, you did great using my prompt, thank you! :-)
    Can you believe that in Jules' post I actually end up on a remote island myself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really deep message in a bottle. <---That's a really bad ocean pun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yessss!!! Another island dweller.

    Beautiful post. I'd hope I find your bottle. I'd cherish your wonderful words, and share them. They need to be shared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the note, Sarah. I'd be proud, and saddened, to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was beautiful and created a lump in my throat as it reminded me of someone. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was awesome. What a great prompt and you did a terrific job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great advice! I hope you're not stranded on that remote island... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful source of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?