Wednesday, April 13, 2016

National Poetry Month: Exhale

 This month we recognize the amazing art that is poetry. I love poetry and have written several of my own. So when I saw that this was a chance to be part of something so awesome, I jumped at it. Below, you'll find not only MY poem, but links to several other poems. I hope you enjoy!





Exhale


In the peak of twilight's finest hour
I look into your eyes 
I see your heart
A picture of you and I
My heart starts to soar
Then you smile
Your skin crinkles around those soulful brown eyes
The window to your soul lights up
You touch my face with a gentle caress
The power I feel from your finger tips
Revives my nerves
You lay your head on my breast  
You exhale.
This, a picturesque vision of love
Is a feeling indescribable
Yet, I know this feeling will last
Forever and Always
Finally, I look at your sleeping face
In the light of early dawn
I see your lips softly part
Together, we exhale.


Once There Was A Limerick by Baking in a Tornado
There Once Was A Poet by Spatulas on Parade
April Showers Bring May Flowers by Measurements of Merriment
National Poetry Month by The Bergham Chronicles 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Sarah, the true essence of life. And a great tribute to National Poetry Month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so beautiful. Love it. Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Makes me all warm inside :)
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, you managed to capture the innocence of childhood and describe it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?