Friday, May 13, 2016

Ranting Is Good For The Soul

In my life, I've been considered a kindhearted person. It's something that I've prided myself on. As a child, I did what I could for anyone without a moments hesitation. 

As an adult, however, I've become jaded.

This world has a way of taking those rose colored glasses we were as children and absolutely obliterating them. Our dreams become nightmares and we find that we no longer feel the pull to help anyone without any questions being asked, but that we look at the face of a stranger and immediately write them off.

With all the news these days of the election, of the bull crap going on in North Carolina, of all of the hate, it's becoming difficult to find anything humorous anymore. Everything has become so....serious. Who should use what bathroom, who should live where, who has a right to eat, who doesn't? It's absolutely MADDENING! 

Women are being painted as these meek creatures. We are far, far from it. We are stronger than ever, but we are too afraid to show the world. We can't demasculinize the poor mens!! No sir. If we TRY to speak up, we are silenced. It's unfair.

This world has become efficient in hatred. That is heartbreaking to me, because I don't want this for the future. We are going backwards, not forwards. We are separate, not united. 

It's time to make the country like we make our chicken wings....spicy! It's time to spice things up and make this country the country it USE to be, one that felt love.

I think we can do it.

Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now. 

The words I got were: kindhearted~humorous~meek~efficient~spicy
They were submitted by: My Brain on Kids

Click the links below to see what my friends have for you!



Southern Belle Charm                         
Spatulas on Parade                      
Climaxed  
The Angrivated Mom                      


8 comments:

  1. I agree. I thought we had shoved the haters into the closet, but they've been pulled out, legitimized and given a voice. It's heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way I look at it is the same way I look at everything -- it is MY attitude and MY attitude alone that makes or breaks what happens in my life. So, yes, we can do it -- but it starts with me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I think you should run for office, and this is your slogan:

    "It's time to make the country like we make our chicken wings....spicy!"

    Love it! 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great speech. We're going to have to do something because things are going way to far and it has the possibility of blowing up. North Carolina legislatures are so stupid. Why can't people just live their own lives and quit worrying what their neighbor is doing. If it doesn't hurt you then shut the hell up. (not you personally you know what I mean).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love your idealism and spirit, right? More people could use a dose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As frustrating as it seems that we have yet to progress as far as people like you or I want us to be, I don't think we have gone backwards. We have a long way to go yet and that I won't deny. I think that with this current election and the last, we have seen a lot of hate that we thought no longer existed, but that doesn't mean it wasn't always there handed down through generations. I doubt any gay person who lived through the 80s would want us to regress or feel that we have just for an example while still knowing we have a long way to go to ensure LGBT+ individuals have equal rights. All that is to say, don't get too frustrated and keep being open about how you see things. Change is happening all the time and one of the biggest contributing factors is influencing people on an individual level who then go on to change people themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a lot going on politically and not everyone is in agreement but that's the way it has always been and in a Democracy we each get a vote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHOOPP WHOOOP! Women power, if you run, you have my vote!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?