Friday, May 6, 2016

She's My Person

We are polar opposites.
She's loud. I'm quiet.
She let's her crazy show. I keep mine hidden.
She's creative with yarn and all things Jo Ann Fabrics. 
I'm creative with words.

It's a friendship that started in 1998, in Freshman biology. I'd just moved back to Kentucky after my grandpa died. She offered to share her locker with me. I immediately demanded she take down her poster of Andrew Keegan so I could put up my Hanson poster. This sparked a mutual love for a band that still, 18 years later, is still as strong as our friendship.

We've had our ups and downs, but we have overcome them all to become even better friends. I know I can tell her anything. I honestly don't think there is something she DOESN'T know. She's one of the few people I trust to pour my heart out to. 





I've told her my deep, dark secrets for free. I don't need any amount of money to do so (though, if you want to give it to me, I'll take it.....). She tells me her deepest, darkest secrets, for free as well (though, again, if you wanted to give her money to do so....). But there is absolutely no amount of money in this world that would cause either of us to betray the other. That's what best friends do. We pour our heart out because we know we won't be judged, because we know our secrets are safe. She is brutally honest with me and I'm brutally honest with her.

Me(I'm in back) and Patty circa 2008


I have no doubt we will be friends for the rest of our lives. There will be many more secrets shared between us, tears cried, laughs had, tough times we help each other through. But I know that I can count on Patty to be there and she can count on me.

She's my person.

Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week 13 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.

My subject is "Someone offers you one million dollars to tell your best friends deepest darkest secret.  Do you take it?" and it was submitted by Southern Belle Charm. Thanks! I hope I did it justice.

See what my friends have for you by clicking the links below!

Baking In A Tornado                         

Southern Belle Charm                           
Spatulas on Parade                    
The Bergham Chronicles             
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy                       
My Brain on Kids
The Angrivated Mom       


8 comments:

  1. I have a person too! I fear for the person who asked me to divulge my friend's secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great when people have friends that are like sisters or brothers. Someone who is there no matter what. I'm an only child and my "Sissy" BFF knows more about me than anyone but me.
    Thanks for sharing your person with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how we'd make it through life without our person. Sure would be a lot less fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww. Beautiful. I love when people have found their person. Such a beautiful piece. Love it. I hope you have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Integrity is a super rare quality in this world. Glad you and Patty have each other's backs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone needs a friend like that -- someone you can trust with your secrets and even your life -- I am fortunate to have more one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely tribute to your friend. Hold her close. I've lost my two best friends, one to a stroke at 41 and the other to suicide also at 41 although a decade and a half apart. I haven't had one since and I miss them every single day. I am originally from KY too! Where are you from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I'm guessing no on taking the money... ;)

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?