Friday, June 3, 2016

Du Dun....Du Dun....

You know what I hate about movies these days? They lack originality. Most of the movies these days are remakes of the classics.
When I hear that they are remaking a movie, I usually just roll my eyes. I don't see the point in doing it, especially if there is nothing wrong with it. There have been a few that were pretty good, like the remake of Amityville Horror. I actually like that one.
So, if someone were going to remake the movie Jaws, it would have to be a pretty epic remake for me to watch it. Yes, graphics have come a LONG way. Yes, they can do a LOT with computer imaging. But part of the appeal of Jaws is how cheesy the effects are. It's a horribly made movie. But I enjoy that horrendousness of it. That's part of the charm. Watching it didn't make me NOT want to go in the water. It just made me laugh.
Maybe I'm a bit sadistic. Maybe I just don't scare that easy. Maybe the fact that, when I saw it, I was already use to modern day graphics and I found those in the movie to be completely inadequate. Who knows. I liken it to my son, who has an Xbox One, playing the original Nintendo. He would probably HATE it. Why? Because the graphics were SOOOOOO bad. 
So, while I won't say I'd run from it, I can't commit to watching this hypothetical remake. Not out of fear or anything like that. No, this is simply because I like movies that old school and stay that way.

Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week 12 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts. 

 
My subject is “A new movie just came out, it's a remake of Jaws. Do you run to see it or run away?"  It was submitted by Spatulas on Parade. Thanks for the subject! Wanna see what everyone else has? Check them out below!

Baking In A Tornado                          
Southern Belle Charm                       
Spatulas on Parade                     
The Bergham Chronicles             
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy                           
Climaxed                                               
 
 

8 comments:

  1. I have never seen the original Jaws, so I can't really say anything except that usually sequels and remakes are lame.
    There are two exceptions I can think of: analyze this / analyze that and Toy Story 2 which I actually liked better than Toy Story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually feel this way about books made into movies. They rarely live up to my expectations, with few exceptions. Lord of the Rings comes to mind immediately. I actually loved the movies more than the books, and that never happens. We watched the original Ghostbusters with my son the other day, he lost interest half-way thru. Those "primitive" graphics just weren't doing it for him :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Let the original piece stand. Whenever I hear of a remake, all I can think is "what's the matter, you couldn't come up with an idea of your own?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree about the remakes. Refuse to watch Dirty Dancing or FootLoose remake. Seriously, why would you do that? They need to come up with their own ideas. Or hire my o finish mine from last month.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with both you and Minette! I won't watch those remakes either. It seems stupid to me. I loved Jaws though all 39 of them. They just kept getting dumber and dumber.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you all the way on this one! No thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've seen the original Jaws. I do wish Hollywood could come up with some original ideas, though. Why is everything a remake lately?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't want to watch it, I agree they would use all these computer graphics and while it would be life-life and gruesome, it can't hold a candle to the original. The fact that the original created so much fear without all the computer animation makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?