Saturday, September 17, 2016

This Life I Live

"Move to Florida" they said.
"You won't have to worry about school getting canceled for snow" they said.

Okay, so we moved to Florida. The kids started school, then BAM, a couple weeks later, school gets canceled for a tropical storm.

*Groan*

Not to mention I see all of my friends back home talking about how crisp the air is, how Autumn is in the air. Oh, is it? Well, it's 93 here. There's no cooling off for us. No sir!

Am I envious? I'd be lying if I said no. But, I live close to a metro-area. Tonight, The Hubs and I drove to the grocery store and had to go over a bridge and I could see the Tampa skyline. It was beautiful. 

I don't have to skydive to get a rush. I just have to remind myself that I am a resident of the Tampa Metro area. I think that is wicked cool. We get to experience things people don't usually get to experience. A fundraiser for Lil Bit's school is selling tickets to a pro-football game. Don't get that in Kentucky. 

Some things don't change. I still got the kids as my sidekick when it's just us exploring. We just moved into our own place, so the frisk factor for The Hubs and I went from being zero to bow chicka wow wow. 

We may not have much, but we don't need much, because we have each other. We have our family. At the end of the day, that's all that matters. 

This life I live, it may be sweltering hot at times ('cause of the temp), but I wouldn't change all the sweat for the world. Because we are at an amazing place in our lives. 

I love it!

Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.

My words were:

Groan ~  frisk ~  autumn ~ skydive ~ wicked ~ sidekick
And they were submitted by Dinosaur Superhero Mommy. Thanks!!!

Do me a solid and see what my friends have for you!



Southern Belle Charm                     
Climaxed

4 comments:

  1. The Tampa skyline ain't too shabby!
    I would have difficulties coping with heat and humidity, though. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always seem to be off on an adventure. Can't wait to see where this one takes you.
    The Tampa skyline is just beautiful. I love Florida and know you'll be happy there.
    AND as a Bostonian, you have to know how much I love your using "wicked cool".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new place - and now the opportunity for bow chika wow wow! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you like it. Tampa and Clearwater are my favorite spots in Florida. It's not cooling down here either. It's miserable hot and humidity. Come on Fall...please!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?