Monday, October 10, 2016

Playing Dress-up

Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year. You get to be creative and be anyone you want to be.





It is rare that we will buy a Halloween costume for our kids. In the past few years, we've opted to make our own.

In the spirit of the holiday, I want to share with you the way my kids get creative!

2015:
Zombie Soccer Player, 80's rocker chick and a Sugar Skull pirate

2014:

Daryl Dixon, Zombie Vampire Prom Queen, Elsa

2013:
Lala Loopsy Doll, Zombie, Princess
2012:
Vampire, Zombie Fairy Princess, Dead Doll

2011:
Zombie cheerleader, Red Power Ranger and, in the back, Lil Bit was a cowgirl


Some years, we couldn't think of anything, so we got them costumes. This year, so far, Girl Child wants to be Sailor Moon. I'm not sure what Boy Child and Lil Bit want to be, but I can't wait to start putting it all together!

When I was a kid, I was always Punky Brewster!

What was your favorite?

Today, I take part of a blogging experience with 4 other awesome people! To see what they wrote about, check it out below!


Make Your Kitchen Boo-Tiful For Halloween
Make Your Kitchen Boo-tiful For Halloween
Individual Mummy Pies
Individual Mummy Pies
Cow Tails and Nuts
Cow Tails and Nuts
Kid Friendly Halloween Porch
Kid Friendly (But Still Spooky) Halloween Porch


3 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore home made costumes, I watch for them when I give out candy. Your kids' choices are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids hate buying costumes at the store. This year I"m trying to find a yellow track suit for a Pikachu costume and green pants for two Creeper costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that there is a Zombie every year! :) Ha! I've always loved making up my own costumes! But I will admit to caving a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?