Friday, November 4, 2016

The Uprising

I'll never forget it.

I was cooking dinner and realized that I was low on a few things, so I figured, what the hell....I tossed on some shoes real fast, jumped into the car and headed to Circle K.

When I pulled up, the air surrounding the place was just...off. It felt so weird being there. I go there all the time anyway, so for it to feel like this was throwing me off.

I walk in and there is a buzz of sound, something unfamiliar yet really.....offputting. I couldn't figure out what it was. I just knew I wanted it to stop.

With a quickness I'd never experienced in my life, I grabbed my bread and headed toward the milk. Grabbing it, I turned around when BAM! The milk exploded. Shocked, I look around, unsure of what to expect.

That's when I saw her.

Peeking around the corner, somehow holding a gun or pellet shooter or something, a smug look on her face. Shaken and slightly terrified, but really needing my milk, I grab another jug, only to have it explode.

What.
The.
Hell?!?!

I put the bread down and stomp out, heading for the dollar store. Yet, upon entry, I experience the same thing. A different girl, but still with the shooting of the milk.

Defeated, I head back to my van, only to be stopped by a news reporter, asking me what happened.

"Well, I needed milk, so I went to the store and there are these cows, shooting the jugs! I guess they are fed up with us drinking their milk......"

I headed home, without milk or bread.

I wasn't taking ANY chances!

Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week 13 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.  

My prompt was "All you wanted to do was quickly pick up some milk and bread, now you find yourself on the news. What happened?" and it was submitted by the lovely Karen from Dinosaur Superhero Mommy. Do me a favor and see what my friends have for you?


Baking In A Tornado                         
The Bergham Chronicles                                          
The Lieber Family Blog                                                                               
Never Ever Give Up Hope                  
Evil Joy Speaks

3 comments:

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?