Friday, December 16, 2016

2016 Review

2016 is coming to a close and boy, has it been a wild ride. It wasn't horrible, it wasn't stellar.....it was kind of......in between.

The beginning of the year was rather anticlimactic. Work, school, church, life.....the usual. Then, April 4 hit and brought tragedy with it. We lost our beloved Pi. This is something that still breaks my heart. It seems like, after that, all hell broke loose. 

We made the decision to move from Kentucky to just outside of Tampa, Florida. 
In the middle of the summer.

Not very wise...lol

July rolled around and we hit the road, southbound. With very strict accounting, we managed to get into our own place within 2 months of the move. 

Now, I work for an RV resort and The Hubs works for Busch Gardens. Yes...the theme park. That's pretty awesome. Girl Child and Boy Child are in 7th grade at a huge middle school. Lil Bit is absolutely in love with her school and being in 2nd grade. Life can be crazy at times, but it has actually been a really smooth transition. We'd tried living in Florida before, back in 2010 and it just wasn't the right time for us. This time, however, is working out amazingly for us. I'll take it!!!!

Tragedy did hit again, just last week actually. My grandma passed away. I had to tell my mom a few days later because she was on a cruise when it happened. That sucked soooooo much.

2017 is going to bring us moving into a different, bigger place, getting our Ella girl back and just fully enjoying Florida living. I mean, come on....we live in a place where we can grill out year round! Fingers are crossed that I will become a regular employee at the RV resort I work at (I'm seasonal right now), because I really enjoy working here. We will be getting a new family vehicle and just enjoy living here. I'm looking forward to it so much!!!

It's amazing to look around and see what life is giving me. 
These are my monkeys and this is my circus.
I'm blessed!

Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.

I’m using:   accounting ~ broke ~ summer ~ circus ~ grill            

 At the end of this post you’ll find links to the other blogs featuring this challenge. Check them all out, see what words they got and how they used them. 


Baking In A Tornado
Southern Belle Charm                     
Climaxed                                     

6 comments:

  1. I'm hoping 2017 is better for you as well, you truly deserve it. Love the circus and monkey comments, but sometimes we love the crazy life we have, because it's our.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2017 is the year! You're poised for great things!
    And great work with the words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely blessed and I wish all wonderful things for you in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you guys paved the way for a smooth 2017! Keeping my fingers crossed for your job becoming permanent!
    Happy Holidays in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy that you love Florida! I felt the same way when we moved from KY to SC. I love the milder weather, but I do sometimes I miss a good snow! I hope things continue to work out for you and that life just keeps getting better and better! Great job with the words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with your words! We moved over Christmas, I'm not sure there is ever a good time to move, and we only moved a few blocks, I can't imagine changing states! I'm so happy things are working out, it's awesome when life falls into place the way it's meant to isn't it? Good luck with the job <3

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?