Friday, March 17, 2017

Randomness

I thought I'd write a story
But then it would be like a book.
I thought I'd write a song
But I was concerned I wouldn't be able to sing it
I thought I'd write a paragraph
But what if it didn't rhyme
I thought I'd just write about my feelings
But then I didn't want to be subject to that kind of dissect
I thought I'd do a challenge
Maybe write with no apostrophe
But that is much harder than I thought
So here we are
A random post
It doesn't have any sort of reason to it
But then, much of what I do doesn't
For this isn't about being serious
It's about getting my voice heard
Enjoy what my friends have for you
It's gotta be better than this!

Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.

My words were "book ~ concerned ~ rhyme ~ dissect ~ apostrophe" and they came from our our fearless leader herself, Karen from Baking in a Tornado!

These are my friends...they are nice. 

Baking In A Tornado
Simply Shannon    

3 comments:

  1. Great job with those words and a good point too. It's all about having our voices heard, in all of its incarnations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those were some though words, and you came up with a nice little something!
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were tough words! I often call my blog my little word vomit diary, and it's so true. I rarely make sense I think! <3

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?