Saturday, April 15, 2017

The Florida Life

This post was due yesterday. 

I forgot, because my schedule at work has been messed up, the kids were off school and, well...I'm scatterbrained. It happens.....

So, I'm posting this today, April 15. Today makes 9 months since we moved from Kentucky to Florida. I have to say, it's been a pretty alright 9 months. We are doing things as a family, which is pretty awesome because we never really got to do that in Kentucky. I love getting to spend time with the kids, going out and exploring.

We have season passes to Busch Gardens and Adventure Island (the water park), so we are spending a lot of time there. The redness on my arms and face proves how much time we are there. I feel like I have a constant sunburn. I use high grade sunblock. I'm just that fair skinned.

I think we have gone to Busch Gardens and Adventure Island about seven times now, between the two parks. It's a blast to go and it is a great way to keep the kids entertained. They have lots of shows and just stuff to look at it. It's a blast!

This summer, I think we are going to try to take some educational trips around Tampa. There is an art museum that I want to go to. I want to have the kids pick their favorite statue and learn about the sculptor. Exposing them to a little bit of culture can't hurt, right?

We didn't really get to do this kind of thing in Kentucky and I feel like moving here has given us a chance to fix it. I'm redeemed when I see the smiles on their faces or hear them talk about something new they got to experience. 

We may not have a ton of money, but we are making a ton of memories. I think that's pretty amazing.


This post is part of the Use Your Words challenge. My words this week were "redness ~ love- ~ sculptor ~ seven ~ redeemed ~ entertain" and they were submitted by my favorite poet, Jenn from SparklyPoetic Weirdo. See what my friends have in store for ya by clicking on the links below!


Simply Shannon    
Climaxed     

1 comment:

  1. Your kids will remember these times together. I'm so glad you're taking advantage of all your new home has to offer.

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?